What if death is really cool and peaceful?

What if death is really cool and peaceful?

Attached: hedge knight.jpg (540x960, 109.15K)

Kys and tell us all about it

well nothing then. it's still death.

That'd be really cool and peaceful.

I don’t think peaceful is the correct descriptor, unless you mean peace in a pleasant afterlife. If you mean peaceful in the sense of relief from an otherwise tormenting existence, i.e. life, I would suggest that’s an incorrect approach. If there is nothing after this existence, it’s not going to be peaceful - or anything else, at all - because it’s nothing. I’ve considered suicide many times, and as much as escaping suffering is appealing, you’re rolling the dice on ending your ability to experience. You don’t necessarily get to relax in an eternal hammock with a mojito, but might instead cease to experience. At best, it’s not peaceful, it’s just…neutral, if you can even say that.

Poster of paragraph, here. I meant to say the first two posters were based

kys thesaurusnigger

when you put it like that it still sounds peaceful

Its a sad end to happy times and a relief knowing the tough times will also be gone forever

Fucking Peterson, masturbating behind the bushes again.

Fuck off, Peterson! No wonder you look so tired all the time.

I agree that upon death, what we describe as human consciousness essentially stops and we black out, with or without a short, horrifically psychadelic transitional period depending on body damage, and we never wake up. To me, that sounds really cool. And peaceful. I don't necessarily want to die, but I'm not afraid of death nor do I think it's the worst thing ever, for me or anyone else. I can miss loved ones, I can go through the motions of survivalism, but the concept of never waking up doesn't bother me at all.

Hell, whether fake or real has to exist just to keep people from committing suicide in mass. there would businesses that specialize in suicide if there wasn't religion. really it's fear that keeps us alive.

Attached: 1644336297185.jpg (1024x627, 149.09K)

I think people would fear death even without religion. Look at the transhumanist movement.

Death has no meaning, because the continuous "ego" and "self" that exists through your life is just an illusion.
Your past is something that you relive through your memories. Your future is something you experience in your imagination. Only information connects "you" from now to "you" at the end of this sentence or tomorrow. If I've created two identical copies of your brain, they'd both create a conscious experience of "somebody" convinced that it's you.
When you die, the personality that was created in your neurons will no longer be executed in some conscious experience in the future. But in a deep, philosophical sense, that is as much you as your next door neighbor, minus the memories.

Attached: duh.jpg (768x924, 186.95K)

it actually is.

It is cool, I can confirm, go try it out

Why are you obscenely obsessed with death?

>Death has no meaning, because the continuous "ego" and "self" that exists through your life is just an illusion.
>Your past is something that you relive through your memories. Your future is something you experience in your imagination....

Attached: oh-boy-here-we-go.jpg (400x550, 115.33K)

Without memories, any past existence is meaningless. life lessons and memories are the only reason for an existence.

Attached: 9Zl1pb1.jpg (714x960, 70.11K)

Here we go with what, fucking retard? I'm making a purely scientific and reductionist argument.

he's baiting you, newfriend