Messenger

Is anyone else getting this? What is all the kvetching about?

Attached: Screenshot_20220805-133124~2.png (1080x551, 55.29K)

Tranny nigger thread

what is "messenger"? sms?

Stop using messager they are doing you a favor

What Messenger? And where is it appearing? If it's only on some shitty web pages the button probably takes you to a phishing page and the whole thing is bullshit.

Upgrade to Signal.

Attached: Signal-App.jpg (2048x2048, 183.01K)

*downgrade.

>proprietrash to freegem
>downgrade

I use it. Practically no one else I know does, which is the problem.

When I disabled the Facebook Messenger app, my phone's battery life improved significantly. Apparently Any Forums was right and it does go on using loads of CPU in the background to spy on me and shit even if I close the app.

I noticed this shit ages ago when I had a shitty Moto G, it really does makes a huge difference. No fucking idea what facebook is doing but it's probably not good.

Molly-FOSS, thanks

>Molly-FOSS
Doesn't support sms

SMS is already compromised :(

I'm not a drug dealer, arms dealer or pedophile.

that's a YOU problem

it sure does. unfortunately facebook paid all these OEMs to include their cancerous apps inside phone roms that can't be deleted (or disabled). i haven't bought a new phone in two years but the phone i have now didn't have any cancer installed - thankfully. previous models i owned did, and i had to get root access to remove all the fucking shit.

Why would anyone update it when it's disabled anyway? What a dumb message.

>Doesn't support sms
using sms in current year, or previous years, not wise. since all messages end up distributed through the massive backbone of "signalling system 7", anyone glowing with access to this system, anywhere in the world, can intercept your messages and read them, or listen in on calls, get your IMEI/IMSI, approx. gps location.. mobile phones are just bad news in general. using apps to encrypt your shit helps but you're still exposed because you're connected to a compromised (and very ancient - dating back to 1975) computer network.

The poor man's version of the messages app that comes with the iPhone by default.

The person in the pic is using Messenger (both their account and the app), thus they are bitching. Probably because it wants a phone number but it’s not Discord so they don’t wanna give it. If the app was disabled they wouldn’t get the message.