Can anyone with an m1 macbook confirm the following?: when you close the lid and open it again...

can anyone with an m1 macbook confirm the following?: when you close the lid and open it again, your wifi is immediately connected, so basically your macbook never truly sleeps?because mine doesn't

Attached: file.png (1960x1260, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/what-is-power-nap-mh40773/mac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nobody here can afford a mac

Can confirm, but it is also company provided, so they may have changed some settings

yeah it just works bro. what the fuck do you mean by "true" sleep though?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 20.08.36.png (203x118, 11.58K)

What are they like 2k? Who cant afford 2k? lol
lmao

hibernate

i think he means that with true sleep the whole shit going on gets dumped on hard drive, instead of just halting most processes and leaving minimal processes (like wifi) on.

Attached: gentoo-wallpaper-1.png (1440x900, 33.08K)

On AC power yeah. On battery it tends to be unable to load webpages for a few seconds after coming out of sleep.
(Macbook Pro M1 Pro)

The M1 is an oversized iPhone chip. It sleeps the same way your phone does (so not at all).

And it still shits all over Intel CPU's efficiency while doing so.
t. lose about .5% to 1% in a full night of being unplugged with the lid down.

>And it still shits all over Intel CPU's efficiency while doing so
Yeah, being an "oversized iPhone chip" isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just pointing out that some processes are still running even when you close the lid.

> some processes are still running even when you close the lid.
so.. isnt that a good thing?

Attached: a72f5a8cc8fe588ea63b46000f8d8b98-dvach-b-271604301.jpg (1598x2308, 2.37M)

Yes. I never implied otherwise.

It's always connected. I can still ping my Macbook when the lid is closed and it's been asleep for a while.

support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/what-is-power-nap-mh40773/mac

Attached: file.png (1634x862, 657.03K)

That's amazing. My thinkpad needs a minute to reconnect. And no, it's not like it sleeps "well", it often sits at 85% when I open it.

that's not a M1 thing, nor is there no sleep.

macos just never signs off from the wifi and continues like nothing happened after sleep.
that's against wifi spec but works sometimes depending on your AP.

you can turn off automatic sleeping. saves a little bit of ssd writes

mines was 3k

No, because I manually disable wifi and then put it to sleep.

if i open it immediately then yes its still connected, it has to be closed for probably a minute before it goes all the way to sleep.