Anyone else here old enough to have had internet in the mid 90s...

Anyone else here old enough to have had internet in the mid 90s? When you could literally post anything anywhere and nobody would get offended or mad? I seriously can't believe how censored it has become.

Attached: 0fymds6kd0281.png (871x960, 482K)

>Replies in 14400k noises

I remember those 1Kbps downloads

>When you could literally post anything anywhere and nobody would get offended or mad?

Fucking where? Usenet was relayed by educational institutions and would censor you. Smaller BBSes would give you an audience of like a dozen people.
IRC channels were the only places to me a neo-nazi bigot and jerk off with other nazis but again, you'd have an audience of maybe a few dozen, and the more extreme you were the smaller the server and higher the likelihood the FBI was listening.

You just have a bad memory. Stop being senile

Just another pedo trying to cope.

I call BF. If you did interact on the internet back then you would know this fantasy you describe never existed. I mean okay, mail boards didnt have the Twitter or Facebook dynamics and actually powerful moderation, but you couldnt just go around and say whathever the shit you want without people caring/reacting

nothing's "censored" you fucking sperg

very much this. either OP is full of shit, or delusional

Lol you’re a retarded zoomer. The 90s were worse, people expected you to have decorum and manners back then online.

Every single website had rules and moderators. What are you talking about?

Goddamn rats are so disgusting... anyways I wasn't around the Internet in the mid 90s, but I started right in the year 2000. Back then, to have a website you needed at least some basic HTML coding knowledge which means that you had to be somewhat intelligent to have your own domain in the web. Back then not as many people posted retarded crap online and the Internet had the amazing potential to become a place for knowledge and better human understanding, but as technology evolved and the Internet became easier to use and understand, more and more stupid people post the most banal and retarded stuff which is now flooding the Internet like a clogged toilet overflowing with piss and shit. About censorship, that's one of the reasons why I keep coming back to his cesspool known as Any Forums, it's one of the very few places online where you can speak your mind without being censored, banned or whatever, nobody gives a fuck about your feelings around here so in a way that's quite liberating.

Attached: 1lb0ql.jpg (300x250, 8.39K)

There never was/has been censorship on the internet. Sites have moderation but if you had your own server/site, you could post NE thing you wanted. That hasn't changed. If your trying to find things society frowns upon there is always the DarkWeb.

OP is obsessed with the democrats "canceling" him

There was also nothing to do except gaming, reading a few websites on video games and stuff. People only started creating fun websites and niche forums in the late 90s.

>When you could literally post anything anywhere and nobody would get offended or mad?
of course people got mad.
>I seriously can't believe how censored it has become.
you know why we could post anything in the 90's and 00's? because we owned our own hardware.
you ran a website on your own server.
you didn't post stupid as racist screeds on facebook's servers
you posted them on yours
and everyone ignored them
or DDOS'd you
or just used any of the 10M apache hacks to steal your shit and break your site for fun
but if you were competent, you could post anything, because it was your shit
google couldn't cancel you because there was no google
nobody cried if a search engine didn't index and push their schizo posting
you faggots are mad that services won't support you
support yourselves
and cry when you get DDOS'd off the face of the net by assholes that disagree
just like in the 90s

>google couldn't cancel you because there was no google
>no google in the 90s
get a load of this guy

Attached: 1654476032779.jpg (484x444, 71.64K)

based rat lol

Attached: taste.png (210x449, 89.6K)

you're not wrong, but google wasn't launched to the public until 98 and took time to ramp its numbers
people started really adopting it in 99 on
if something either doesn't exist or is off the radar for 90% of a time period, it wasn't of consequence at the time.

>anything

>Usenet was relayed by educational institutions and would censor you.
not in my experience

Attached: pm-trudeau-090.jpg (1987x2000, 348.92K)

it really depended. some places had "information should be free" types running it, and just forwarded anything
others would drop newsgroups they didn't approve of for moral reasons
a bunch dropped the alt.bin* groups just to save storage and bandwidth

I still remember seeing CP on Any Forums every once in a while back before the mods got rigorous.

Can't remember when exactly, but I started coming here just before the Boxxy flood.