Seems like some linus shilltard started sending a bunch of malicious sponsorblock segments and they disabled submission...

Seems like some linus shilltard started sending a bunch of malicious sponsorblock segments and they disabled submission for new users. Have to go into their discord and explicitly ask permission. Why can't we enjoy nice things, /lit/sisters? There's always someone who comes and starts ruining things

Attached: 4s7lfth6fif91.png (407x226, 8.58K)

>blocking ads
>blocking sponsored segments
Stop being a parasite.

>some linus shilltard started sending a bunch of malicious sponsorblock segments
Source?

I will block them. I don't want ads shoved into my face. I don't want sponsors shoved in my video. What're you gonna do?

I just assumed that because I believe linus was crying about it sometime ago

an arms race is inevitable, sponsor block fails your submission if just two people downvote it, that's asking for trouble.

I’m not Linus, I just think your parasite for using server resources and watch someone’s content without ads which pay both.

Could be anyone behind the attack, including anyone else that has sponsors or even the sponsors themselves.

The crypto jew strikes again

Attached: 1659690172698.jpg (1280x720, 456.03K)

sponsorblock has always had trouble with hyper popular videos like LTT. Idiots who don't understand the purpose of the categories start chopping bits out for "unpaid promotion" because they showed the website the product they are reviewing is sold on, or the spec sheet for the server or whatever. Crowd-sourced anything falls over once it gets popular.

I don't need a computer program to press the arrow key for me bro, why do you?
Are you mentally challenged or something?

Supporting ad and sponsor supported content is giving them a leg up over hobbyists that would've done it for free and giving more power to ad agencies stealing your data. Blocking ads and sponsor segments is not only convenient it is your moral duty.

>actually believing anyone would be that retarded to say what I did in those posts

facebook is that way normie nigger
go suck the jews cock

I must admit I don't really get the point of sponsorblock. Skipping sponsor spots is so trivially simple anyway that I really don't fell the need to shove someone's bloated extension into my already bloated browser to do it for me with user-submitted data that I may or may not be able to trust.

What's the point of wasting said server resources on serving ads for things that I am 100% not going buy anyway?

They pay, anyway

So what you're saying is that the """content creators""" are the actual parasites for leeching money via actually useless impressions?

so, fuck you and eat shit lmao

It is really nice though to just have it go boing on its own instead of having you frantically alt-tabbing to skip past. Especially if it’s a sponsor segment they try to disguise as content.
I’ve been using it for years and can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve been annoyed by it. Things like

I mostly listen to videos with bluetooth earphones while away from pc, so it’s very nice to autoskip all shill segments, without having to run back to pc.