/rg/ - Router General / Home Networking

For all your home networking needs.

Which DNS provider to you use? Or do you use Unbound?
Which do you prefer and why, OpenWrt or DD-WRT?

Optimal routers for OpenWrt: openwrt.org/toh/views/toh_available_16128
OPNSense: opnsense.org/
PfSense: pfsense.org/

DD-WRT: dd-wrt.com/
FreshTomato (Broadcom only): freshtomato.org/

Previous:

Attached: RE2cloL.png (2245x1336, 1.41M)

Attached: ER-12.png (1080x1080, 239.59K)

Rb4011 gang wya

Attached: FVtuHMaWUAA7LHE.jpg (2500x2500, 202.45K)

WRT1200AC reporting in

Attached: 1650647727769.png (1438x846, 566.23K)

uh oh
tranny thread

AC1900 with the Merlin Firmware. Kinda forgot when I even bought it at this point. Werks for me.

Attached: 61VM4oji5gL._AC_SL1200_.jpg (1004x1052, 74.88K)

just bought a Wodgreat N300R as a acess point but cant find any other for sale. recommend me some cheap wireless aps with open firmware

Is it a good idea to attach my APs to the ceiling?

rent free!

Attached: FYwEhJHUcAAMJRo.jpg (1000x772, 137.04K)

Yep, just make sure it has an attachment at the back

Does anyone here have experience messing with RouterOS 7's docker container support yet?

Thought about using this M670 but since the bios is locked it's not easy to change the OS. Now it's just a place for my sub to not sit on the carpet.
Figured I'd be better off just buying something newer and installing pfsense or something on it. Probably save way more power that way too.
Currently my M300 works fine until 2024 when the key expires so no rush on when I have to even think about this. I worked for them so I have a few of their boxes.

Attached: M670_Sub_4chan.webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

What about the full libre version of openwrt? Librecmc is that good? i of course always prefer full libre because openwrt has as librecmc says 10% proprietary software

>Which DNS provider to you use? Or do you use Unbound?
I use Dnsmasq in combination with DNSCrypt 2 (random DNSCrypt server with nolog, nofilter and dnssec flags) with Stubby (Cloudflare DoT) as fallback. I tried Unbound, but I didn't really understand it.
>Which do you prefer and why, OpenWrt or DD-WRT?
I prefer OpenWrt.
I tried DD-WRT once, but I didn't like it. I don't exactly remember why I didn't like it, but it probably didn't run well on whatever router I had at the time.

Thoughts on IPFire?

Attached: ipfire_tux_420x420.png (420x420, 146.76K)

I used to use it a while back. It worked well for the most part. Biggest limitation was no full content inspection which leaves https connections exposed to threats.

Why does my D-Link router stop me from getting emails on my cell phone?

Attached: product-list_S1300.png (1000x1000, 769.26K)

Quad9 with DoT on my pfsense router (an HP prodesk with a NIC).

I prefer OpenWRT but I don't have a real reason. I don't use either now that I'm using a pfsense box and separate APs

I don't understand unbound either, definitely made me feel like a brainlet. I use stubby on my router it just works. I did get unbound working on an openbsd laptop but on Linux it just doesn't play nice (probably systemd-resolved's and/or NetworkManager's fault)

That thing gets hot and keeps my NAS from sleeping.

I use Openwrt because of broad router support. But I prefer Tomato in terms of UI and feature set.