Reminder: Do Not Fall for the CS Meme

You need to be proficient in at least 10 languages and have 5+ years experience for entry-level.

Attached: code.jpg (594x768, 94.26K)

Are you under the impression that you can't both obtain experience and a CS degree at the same time? You need both.

if (cond)
return;

You had one job...

You need experience to get a job, and you need a job to get experience. This is the CS scam.

you can use self taught "portfolio" experience to get the shitty entry level jobs then use those as work experience for better jobs.

Statistically speaking you're more likely to get a job as a musician if you're good at music than a programming job

Nice try sirs i won’t let you take my jobs

You just outed yourself

>graduate with CS degree from a small liberal arts school, not even in the top 50 schools for CS
>start job hunt
>10 interviews per week minimum, flown across the country several times, multiple FAANG on-sites, eventually take job at huge financial corp
>double salary in 4 years by strategic job hopping and generally being good at what I do
>open up Any Forums
>see pajeets and no-internship losers crying about how it's a "scam"

Pathetic.

It’s FAGMAN, fag larper.

in reality you just need to make a full stack website by following a udemy tutorial and a couple of other apps and you'll get Microsoft + Google interviews, which you need a few months of leetcode to pass. you don't even need internships

i have a question, im self-taught but definitely realized no-degree is a huge meme. i plan to go back, starting with a community college. but the issue is that by the time im done with community college ill be a junior, which will give me only one summer to find internships. am i just fucked? how can i get internships in CC?

As someone who does not return null? Yeah, I like higher quality code, how do you know?

Not a larper, I'm an employed SWE, like most people who graduate with a CS degree and didn't screw around or are too spergy too interview.

I'm slacking off from work as we speak.

You can do internships at any stage after you've taken (and passed) your data structures and algorithms course. You won't be useful to anybody before then. Just so I understand, your plan is to do CC and then transfer to a larger university right?

One summer is enough. The mountain between "I only have a few crud app projects from school on my resume" and "I've done 1 single internship" is massive when it comes to hireability. You don't learn work culture, version control, large codebases, system design, etc. in school, you have to work at a real place to git gud, so it matters.

yeah, go to CC then transfer is the plan. thanks for the advice user, i appreciate it

Get a job

Only the first is really required.

Void and null are different
You are doing what every styleguide ever unless it's python tells not to do

“An idiot admires complexity, a genius admires simplicity, a physicist tries to make it simple, for an idiot anything the more complicated it is the more he will admire it, if you make something so clusterfucked he can't understand it he's gonna think you're a god cause you made it so complicated nobody can understand it. That's how they write journals in Academics, they try to make it so complicated people think you're a genius”
― Terry Davis, Creator of Temple OS

I don't want to write my thesis bros
Time flew so fast I didn't want to study CS

Same here. Have been delaying it for 2 semesters already.
Already was working as a dev before enrolling too. I honestly don't see the point.

Bro you had a job already
I was just shitposting during class all day

I don't return null. And yes, void and null are different. However, that is exactly the point: If at any time a function that is supposed to return something returns null instead of returning the actual something, the coder who is responsible for that shit should be shot.
You don't return null. Ever.
>You are doing what every styleguide ever unless it's python tells not to do
whatever, but just to give you a "credible" source for not returning null: Uncle Bob and his Clean Code chapter 7 contains a wonderful section on this. Don't fucking return null.