How can i reconstruct a file using the file's hash?

How can i reconstruct a file using the file's hash?

Attached: 16307862357730.jpg (1160x1638, 279.21K)

install gentoo

Bruteforcing, but without the exact byte size you're looking into a chillion years for finding a match.
Hell even with the filesize you probably won't find it at all, a hash is a digest numbnuts.

Short answer: you can't
Long answer: you can't (maybe if you know some things about the file beforehand and have infinite time)

Download random files from the internet until you find one with the same hash.
If it was a file you made yourself you are shit out of luck.

You can't
Try:
>Datamine the entire internet for files and pray one of them has the same hash

start with a and see if the files hash matches
if it doesn't start with b
repeat.

travel back in time to jan sloot and get the source code before he dies

>how do I reconstruct a cow using bacon?

>cow
>bacon
Oh boy have I got news for you. I hope you're not a muslim

Save it until quantum computers become accessible then use that.

user...

its very easy

if your file consisted of one character just make files with one character until the hash matches and then see if that was your file.
if it consisted of more than one characters just do the same with more characters.

would be nice to have some kind of algorithm that somehow reconstructs data. Maybe an AI could find a pattern

This feature was anounced to be in the new release of Google Clound. But only for SHA and MD5

All possible files with size 40bytes are enough to exhaust sha256. Imagine the amount of collisions in bigger files.
you just can't.

You can't.

NTA, I don't understand, are you putting the computational power of Google into question?

>start with a and see if the files hash matches
>if it doesn't start with b
>repeat.

>a
>b
>a
>b
>a
>b

Attached: retard.jpg (480x360, 11.28K)

It doesn't work because even if you manage to get the file there will be other files with the same hash. You will never know which is the one you want.
1MB is ~ 8milion bits. 2^(8mil) is bit too much combinations for you to handle.

Literally impossible. Think about it, if you could do this then you would have found a compression algorithm that could store the entire internet on a post it not.

Just because you find a match on the hash doesn't mean that it's the same file, in fact it's overwhelmingly unlikely that isn't. Most of the time you'll just get gibberish.

* overwhelmingly unlikely that is
Overwhelmingly unlikely that it is a match that is.

Fucking KEK

Assuming it's not a trivial piece of data (like a single character)...

If you have infinite time and/or infinite resources you could generate collisions and then go through those (there will probably be infinite of those as well, so 2x infinite resources) until you find one that looks like whatever kind of file you are looking for. But that will still be infinite (a subset of a subset of infinite, but still infinite), so good luck.

You're genuinely the most retarded person on this board, please stop posting.

>Think about it, if you could do this then you would have found a compression algorithm that could store the entire internet on a post it not.
Thats what i want to make.

Attached: agdg.jpg (1091x723, 118.68K)

ironic