How do you respond to smug people, or those who are convinced they are above you?

How do you respond to smug people, or those who are convinced they are above you?

Like when someone makes a snide, smug remark to me on top of them being relatively intelligent I can't even come up with a retort until a day later because my mind shuts down. It's like my lizard brain says 'Confident malevolent asshole detected, shut down all systems' and I can't fight it. They just seem so...evil. Like raw evil and intimidating to me. I'm not scared to fight people, but when you smugly talk down on me like I'm less than dirt I cannot operate. Could I just beat the shit out of these types of people? Yes, but that isn't practical. Plus as I said, my lizard brain takes over so part of me thinks that if they are that smug, assured, arrogant, and antagonistic towards me they then must have some means of defending themselves

The most fucking annoying and frustrating part is that I don't know how to replicate this sort of thing so that people can see what I mean when I bring this up.

Picrel is fried fiddleweed

Attached: youtu.be-Wt7e5YlfL1U.jpg (1920x1080, 244.15K)

If you can’t come up with a quick reply the best thing you can do is something like this

I had a friend in hs whenever someone would annoy her by talking shit or something she’d turn to them slowly, thumbs up and go back to whatever she was doing, worked 9/10 times and was absolutely hilarious

This. Smug assholes feed on you giving a fuck. Stop giving a fuck.

Ignore them give them no reaction

"that's not what your mother told me last night"
nice quads btw

your mind is weak
I suggest lurking for 10000 hours before attempting to contribute again

i'm kinda like one of those assholes OP. i am a high level classical/jazz musician and whenever my roommates tell me to clean the house i just say "why is it that people that clean a lot never have a vast body of high quality artistic works?" when i say that it shuts their lizard brains down every time. i haven't cleaned the house in months kek.

Actually i did something similar to the girl in his story and it didnt work. in fact it just made it worse. they arent attacking you to get a reaction they are doing it to raise their status and demoralize you

Next time it happens to you approuch to the person ear and whispers "The last guy who gave me a smug face endend up in the hospital after i've fucked his ass for ten hours in a row".

And then make a smug face.

“projecting your insecurities onto me won’t make your parents love you more you know, just a tip”

If your living with roommates that means you don't have any artistic works, only autistic works like the one you just described

that would have worked so well in 8th grade but i didnt even know what projecting meant in that context at the time :(

“you know that if you were anactual successful musican you would be able to hire someone to clean for you”

don’t worry user, those people can’t hurt you now, focus on the present, it’s what truly matters

damn that's good

Best response is to laugh it off. Assholes and narcissists do not know how to respond to indifference. Alternatively, of you want to get under their skin, I usually just crack wise and/or say something dumb like "gee your asshole must taste delicious considering how viciously you're licking it!"

Also nice quads

it...kinda doesnt help...i've ruminated on it for so long decoding all the clues i got back then and I've realized one of my bullies was a closeted faggot and the other had a prostitute for a mother and had to work at fast food to help pay bills. If i had known them alongside the rhetoric i had now i'd demolish them without swinging even once

Assholes and narcissists do not know how to respond to indifference

this is bad advice, not responding just makes them want to do it more, you'd be a punching bag

but the fact that they were losers doesn’t help you feel better?

also, don’t worry about it, they got you in a moment of weakness, a it’s like those monkeys that attack baby lions, they can only attack the lion when it’s weak, cause if it grows up they’re no match for it

You're being wise. Don't fight until you're ready to goto war. 99.9% of battles aren't worth the effort.

Learn to read you fucking redditor - I said indifference, I never said "do not respond." That would indeed be retarded. But showing that you straight up do not give a shit is not only the best response, it allows you to stand your ground and assert dominance.

Narcissists are insecure. If they're being a prick, and you're indifferent to that, it WILL play on their mind and make them seethe. Get it now?

>but the fact that they were losers doesn’t help you feel better?

then they must have been losers with a bunch of friends because they had a lot of friends which is why i didnt fight them to begin with lol

yeah i guess. i havent tried it but i can definitely see it working