Customers keep commanding me to smile and telling me im rude despite me quietly and peacefully doing my job...

customers keep commanding me to smile and telling me im rude despite me quietly and peacefully doing my job. what the fuck is wrong with these people. i dont want to pretend to like you. its not like you care about me. just take your shit and leave me alone.

Attached: 1611906764399.jpg (384x406, 38.68K)

I know the feeling, user. I think those people like to believe that they have some degree of control. Like 'If you don't deliver sincere service with a smile, I can get you fired'.

You don't have to smile, you just have to stop scowling. Practice a neutral face so people don't take your mood personally.

Smile and do your job stfu. No matter what job you work, you have to leave your shitty day at the door.

You have to be 18 to shit post here and apparently you aren't. Or you've never had retail job.

If you can, change jobs. If you can't, you can always mock them with "I identify as a sad clown and now you're oppressing me" bullshit

thats the thing user i do exactly this, i relax my face muscles and just poker face as much as possible, and even still people get on my case about "havin a bad day" among other references to drama that simply isn't happening. folks sure do like to make mountains of molehills.

i may not be smiling but that has nothing to do with some "shitty day." i have no reason to be particularly enthused with my work or a customer's presence. earn my smile or fuck off.

If you can't figure out how to be pleasant and show basic emotions to the general public then you're probably going to have a tough ass life.

you don't have to constantly be smiling, but when a customer comes up and makes eye contact with you, perk up, react to their existance with a look and say "hey" with a bit of enthusiasm

I'm a bartender/student I do it 2000 times a shift

it's not hard mate, just get over your lackluster energy and your lame ass attitude

Attached: alwayssunny-philadelphia.gif (498x280, 1.3M)

people shouldn't have to earn a smile, you should be mildly pleasant and enthusiastic. That's basic customer service so people feel comfortable being around you.

you sound like a cunt

Do you have resting bitch face?

sounds like it's his attitude and perspective. I know people with resting bitch face that don't act or think like this at all. It's obvious OP feels like people need to earn a basic level of customer service

that appears to be the case, yes. i dunno wat do user. i do everything else right and even to an extent act with my voice more than i want to.
not sure where you get that idea. im doing all the serving just fine and i dont get attitudes with people. they just dont like my fuckin face lol

>not sure where you get that idea. im doing all the serving just fine and i dont get attitudes with people

>i have no reason to be particularly enthused with my work or a customer's presence. earn my smile or fuck off.

>i dont want to pretend to like you. its not like you care about me. just take your shit and leave me alone.

yeah mate, its your resting fac

how can you be that cognitively disconnected?

Maybe don't relax your face so much it seems you have cerebral palsy.

I don't understand people that pay that much attention to strangers in general. I am an island, and in my own little world at work or in public unless I'm with friends.

you might be more rude than you think, it can be hard to look at things objectively sometimes. i dont smile usually but im just polite and i dont usually get complaints.

of course you might also be serving annoying boomers too so...

Attached: webm.webm (480x480, 513.9K)

I hit em with the old tried and true "I have autism"

thats how i am too man. i think maybe people just dont like it when we put walls up. people who dont respect boundaries.

Get a better job, problem solved. The only customers I deal with are super chill senior engineers and heads of R&D etc.

> of course you might also be serving annoying boomers too so...
yeah last person to do this was a fat old bitch in a mobility scooter so yea sorta

if you start pretending to be glad to see every customer you will eventually feel like that for real

elaborate