Thoughts that don't deserve their own thread

Thoughts that don't deserve their own thread:

Attached: 360_F_166862953_6Vy6pir6kahx4x6B5c9saPbwQ6yqNAnK.jpg (360x360, 16.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Why-are-Linux-distros-so-unfriendly-to-the-average-user-I-tried-Ubuntu-and-every-time-I-had-an-issue-and-needed-some-software-the-first-instruction-was-go-to-Terminal-Why-not-let-me-use-the-GUI-to-do-basic-things
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are very few software jobs that actually compensate you for being good at them.

Hacker News comments tend to be super bogged down in specific minutiae and trivia. I think Any Forums in comparison tends to be more readable if even though less in-depth, because posts tend to focus more on the actual core of the topic at hand.

Attached: Hacker-News-logo.png (500x212, 3.19K)

Do you think they are not concerned enough with produvtivity, or that they take productivity for gramted?

There are too many fucking threads on the catalogue and it's impossible to get a word in on all of them.

Threads getting archived simply by being flooded out sucks. Any Forums really needs to implement a time buffer for threads, where they can stay up without replies for some hours or a day at most at the bottom of the catalog in case someone hasn't had the chance to interact with it.

There were 30 threads just now I wanted to look at but it's practically impossible.

>posting on reddit in 2022
seriously, cmon mannnn, you can do better than this...

yeah it's awful on fast boards
the french equivalent of Any Forums has the same problem but even worse because it's not an image board and it displays only last 15 or so threads, and it's so fast you can't find the same thread twice before the mods delete it and permaban its poster.

Such as? Reddit killed dedicated discussion websites. Its only competitors are the other Top 20 most visited websites on the internet.

I DON'T WANNA BE A WIZARD BROS I'VE GOT 80 MINUTES LEFT WHAT CAN I DO

Arch is the easiest distro out there and teaches you the least about linux because the packages aren't split (no question about what to install, just know the basic name), the packages are left vanilla (no need to hack around boutique shit), and the arch wiki tells you essentially everything you command to do.
Fedora, Ubuntu, etc. are unuronically more difficult to deal with but more rewarding. You will be forced to understand how the system works, what it's doing, and how to bend it to your will. You'll learn a lot more about linux this way. It isn't just: install package, follow wiki, and it just werks. You have to know what you're doing to do anything outside of the box.

You can't get any of you don't ask for any. If you are afraid of rejection you should have spent the past decade working on and improving whatever you fear is holding you back. It is never going to fall in your lap. That only happens to Chad.

>the easiest distro
>requires you to read a manual and use the terminal

>doesn't require any problem solving skills at all

C is quite comfy to use

OpenBSD is unironically the comfiest OS out there:
>8 enter presses for a basic install
>FDE is easy as hell
>pkg_info -mz > install
>pkg_add -l install
>every available program is secure by default
>in-kernel wireguard

Is Kerberos AS-REQ/REP ticket requests sort of like JWT tokens?

it would be cool if there was some sort of thread purgatory where pruned threads younger than 24 hours reside and can be revived

That is also a satisfactory solution, as long as it isn't as out of the way as the archive page.

>Why are Linux distros so unfriendly to the average user? I tried Ubuntu and every time I had an issue and needed some software, the first instruction was "go to Terminal".
quora.com/Why-are-Linux-distros-so-unfriendly-to-the-average-user-I-tried-Ubuntu-and-every-time-I-had-an-issue-and-needed-some-software-the-first-instruction-was-go-to-Terminal-Why-not-let-me-use-the-GUI-to-do-basic-things

>Disregarding everyone here whose basic opinion is basically somewhere between telling op they are an idiot and huffing and puffing about the virtues of the terminal the answer is it's complicated. On one hand Linux communities are infested with this sort of smart ass elitism on full display in this thread. On the other hand — unlike Mac fanboys who derive their superiority complex from thinking their Macbook is a status symbol —- Linux users very often actually have the actual skills to back up it up. I'm a Software Developer and Linux is my daily driver. It's also the go to for many sys admins, network guys, hackers, and basically most flavors of power users. It's a tool built by people like me for people like me, and nobody wants to put the effort in making tools that make something point in click that we can already do in less than 30 seconds at the terminal.

>And here we are. These are the same people that will cry about how hard it is to get proper drivers, or this commercial program with no open source equivalent, or most commonly a game working under Linux. And the answer to their bitches is nobody is gonna spend time and money on a platform with 5% of the market. And we have 5% of the market because we make tools that only we can truly use and then act like complete assholes to someone who wants to use a Linux distro as their daily driver without dropping into the terminal for half their workflow. For shame a everyday user is intimidated by copy pasting commands they dont understand into something which from their perspective is a relic of the past..

Attached: Screenshot_20220802-042614.png (1080x2400, 505.29K)

>Threads getting archived simply by being flooded out sucks. Any Forums really needs to implement a time buffer for threads, where they can stay up without replies for some hours or a day at most at the bottom of the catalog in case someone hasn't had the chance to interact with it.
Agreed. It used to be easy to detect flooding bu counting the zero reply threads, but mods never did anything. Now it is too late since bots also reply to other bot threads so it takes a bit more effort to detect bot flooding.

How do you know if it is a bot thread?

Will Mac OS kill my distro hopping? What is the realistic battery life of the M1 and M2 MacBook Airs?