RISC-V LAPTOP!!

ARE YOU READY FOR THE FUTURE?!
The first RISC-V laptop is about to ship!
Pre-orders are up for a limited time
It comes pre-installed with Web3 technology so you can be ready for the metaverse!
And for the first 100 orders, you get an EXCLUSIVE commemorative NFT as well
But wait, there's more!
The cardboard box can be folded into a laptop stand
What would you pay to be in on the ground floor of the future?
$10000? $20000?
For only $3000, one of these precious bad boys can be yours
GET YOURS TODAY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
riscv.org/blog/2022/07/deepcomputing-and-xcalibyte-open-pre-orders-for-first-native-risc-v-development-laptop-quantities-limited-xcalibyte-and-deep-computing/

Attached: The-ROMA-native-RISC-V-development-platform-laptop-will-have-a-dedicated-RISC-V-key..jpg (795x525, 71.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

riscv.org/blog/2022/07/deepcomputing-and-xcalibyte-open-pre-orders-for-first-native-risc-v-development-laptop-quantities-limited-xcalibyte-and-deep-computing/attachment/the-roma-native-risc-v-development-platform-laptop-will-have-a-dedicated-risc-v-key/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Web3 technology so you can be ready for the metaverse!
>A Web3-friendly platform with NFT creation and publication plus integrated MetaMask-style wallet,
If RISC-V continues to associate with Web3 and NFT shitters, it can die a horrible death. And ARM will be laughing about how absolutely retarded they are.
Absolutely cringe.

Is there any real advantage to RISC-V besides how they manage their IP?

Clearly they don't manage their IP well if they advertise this shit on their website.

But ISA wise, it is simpler than ARM and the others, and currently also has smaller binary sizes (due to compressed instructions?). However, they also count a lot on CPU manufactures to implement macro-op fusing to account for the performance losses if one were to execute the simple instruction set 1:1. But other than being free, there are no real killer advantages.

>advantage to RISC-V
BOOM!
Look at that BOX!
You'll be the envy of the entire classroom

Attached: ROMA-packaging-converts-to-a-laptop-stand.-Designed-by-Pedro-André®.png (1193x799, 755.17K)

3000$ for a laptop that probably struggles with YouTube and a Nintendo cardboard box? And on top of that NFT garbage?
Yeah, no thanks. I stick with my 80$ ThinkPad.

The nft alone is easily worth 5000

what the actual fuck
no sane individual is buying this

I surmised as much.
Really, I don't think there's an advantage in ditching amd64 until physical limitations become debilitating, and even then the argument is flimsy.

NFTs are dead m8, it's a bear market.

Attached: this fluffy guy killed NFTs.jpg (1440x811, 218.38K)

Pedro Andre? Shit you could hold on to that and sell it in a few years for a tidy profit

Main advantage is properly for China as the free ISA allows them greater independence from the Western World in case sanctions are to be dropped on them, which would kill any contracts with ARM.

As per my initial post; I'd categorize that as an IP advantage.
IP advantages aren't interesting to me, turns the discussion into one about politics rather than tech.

a web3 laptop that doesn't have amdgpu compatibility?

Are you SURE about that?
What about RISC-V's dedicated register for holding ZERO?
Forgot about THAT little advantage, didn't you?
Also, take another look at that OP image
That's a dedicated RISCV key on the keyboard
What do you think THAT does, hmmm?

Risc-v doesnt
This laptop does

>web3
>nft
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Attached: markup_1037.png (1398x1278, 442.32K)

what does an instruction set have to do with NFTs and crypto?

Attached: 1646367598775.png (754x721, 418.7K)

RISC-V just became a meme. It's over.

Attached: 1659116697260790.jpg (300x300, 10.62K)

Well, they have to sell it with something.

>That's a dedicated RISCV key on the keyboard
>What do you think THAT does, hmmm?
the suspense is killing me
what does it do Any Forumsuys? what does it do?'
riscv.org/blog/2022/07/deepcomputing-and-xcalibyte-open-pre-orders-for-first-native-risc-v-development-laptop-quantities-limited-xcalibyte-and-deep-computing/attachment/the-roma-native-risc-v-development-platform-laptop-will-have-a-dedicated-risc-v-key/

Can't wait for next-gen x86 processors to have an AMD/Intel button too

Kek

>It comes pre-installed with Web3 technology
D R O P P E D