3 reasons why Linux sucks:

3 reasons why Linux sucks:
- Fragmentation. Nobody needs or cares about 10 thousand distros. We only need 1 mainstream distro and 2-3 specialized distros. Nobody needs or cares about 5000 desktop environments. We only need 1 good one that rivals MacOS or Windows, that's it.
- Every, and I mean every single setting in the OS should be accessible through GUI, until then it is a complete toy. Nobody except hobbyists with too much time want to spend time needlessly inputting manual commands. Yes, the terminal is powerful. No, the terminal should never be used for system config, it's the mentality that will forever keep Linux as a fringe OS that only lunatics use, and it will never have professional grade software as a result.
- The filesystem hierarchy should be reworked from ground up. It is outdated and retarded. It's not 1980 anymore, we can have directories with more than 3 letters each. And there is absolutely no reason to fragment every piece of software needlessly into 50 different places. It makes installation (and more importantly uninstallation) needlessly complex and stupidly broken.

Attached: forestelf.png (640x360, 378.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sharenet.club/t3
sharenet.club/t4
sharenet.club/t5
sharenet.club/t6
sharenet.club/t7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Fragmentation
I don't care
>Every ... single setting in the OS should be accessibel through GUI
It is
>The filesystem hierarchy should be reworked from the ground up
Because you got filtered?

All fields, faggot.

tldr lol

>Because you got filtered?
Because it's for backwards-compatibility with mainframes that had /bin, /usr, and /home on separate physical disks

3 reasons why Windows sucks:
- Fragmentation. Nobody needs or cares about 10 thousand different UI types. We only need 1 UI guideline and not 23 different control panels. Nobody needs or cares about 5000 third party programs you need to disable telemetry and get a sensible user interface back.
- Every, and I mean every single setting in the OS should be respected when the user configures it. Until then it is a complete toy. Nobody except hobbyists with too much time want to spend time needlessly inputting data into the registry, fucking around with group policies, and using third party tools to make sure their operating system obeys their commands.
- The filesystem hierarchy should be reworked from ground up. It is outdated and retarded. It's not 1980 anymore, we can have directories with dozens of characters and unicode glyphs. And there is absolutely no reason to fragment every piece of software needlessly into 50 different places (roaming, local, user data, program files etc...). It makes installation (and more importantly uninstallation) needlessly complex and stupidly broken.

>It is

Attached: m2.jpg (402x457, 42.49K)

Attached: btswpy6pnx991.jpg (594x466, 76.85K)

We have comprehensive mouse and touchpad settings on virtually every desktop environment except fucking GNOME.

my current setup also has /bin /usr and /home on separate physical disks and if yours doesn't you're retarded

Show me where I can set a system-wide scroll speed in KDE

Kill yourself.

Thread #5 out of 9 shill threads

sharenet.club/t3
sharenet.club/t4
sharenet.club/t5
sharenet.club/t6
sharenet.club/t7

I don't use KDE, but here it is in Cinnamon. I'm sure KDE has something similar. Just because it uses different terminology doesn't mean it can't do the same thing. We also have Solaar, which works on all DEs.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-31 13-56-08.png (800x805, 51.13K)

Standard mouse settings.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-31 13-56-24.png (800x805, 50K)

Where the fuck is scroll speed there?

Faggot.

Attached: VSwXw.png (639x505, 45.41K)

Acceleration and Sensitivity.

Can't see any scroll speed setting there

based breeze-dark enjoyer

nice try faggot, i can see the fishing line

>set it
>doesn't work literally anywhere except Dolphin
Linux is a joke

See:
It does work nigger. Maybe don't use niche autist and rolling release distros.

>scenario invented in his head
>Linux is a joke
You Microsoft shills are a joke.

Try it with any browser and see for yourself

Firefox and derivatives have their own scroll settings, as do Chromium and derivatives (though they're less configurable). Scrolling behavior in web browsers varies from browser to browser and platform to platform.