I'm a vet tech. Today this lady came in. No appointment just said her dog was coughing...

I'm a vet tech. Today this lady came in. No appointment just said her dog was coughing. We get him back he is coughing and he seems alright otherwise.

Now for most of you who don't know there is a technique for holding a dog while the doc is doing his thing. Arm under the chin and infront of the back legs keep them immobilized so they don't bight you for sticking the thermometer in. So I'm holding this dog we get temp and then I let go and the dog just fucking died. I feel fucking terrible. I wasn't even holing him that hard but he just quit breathing. The vet tried to give oxygen and resuscitate but it didn't work. I choked this lady's dog to death sticking a thermometer in his ass and that was his last memory

Attached: 1588433446298m.jpg (1024x433, 42.54K)

Well, kys fgt

Why would I do that

Sounds to me like it died from updog

He was probably already dying dude if he just fucking croaked in your arms for no reason.

Unless you are lying to us and were annoyed with the dog so you were being rough with like a dick.

What is that?

I was holding him like I hold everydog. But he honestly didn't seem like he was on deaths door. I figured it was just kennel cough or some shit

Attached: George_Floyd_neck_knelt_on_by_police_officer.png (240x366, 143.27K)

Shit he was actually a brown and black dog too. God damit I'm racist now

Sorry to hear about that. Try not to beat yourself up about that situation taking place. That would ruin anyone's day. Feel better soon, user.

Attached: 1652764677775.png (630x630, 511.1K)

Clearly another covid death.

More likely CHF tbh

I've read these scenarios and the vet clinic got sued for negligence and the customer won.

is there any chance the dog just happened to die suddenly or did you 100% chocke the poor animal to death? do they do dogtopsies to check for cod?

Necropsies are only at owner request. She didn't ask for one. Hell she just kind of left after we told her the dog died. A healthy dog would have been fine in the situation something was definitely wrong. But the hold may have completed the process.

well it sounds like a shitty situation,but try not to feel guilty and hope she doesn't decide to come back with lawyers

The vet is under the assumption that it was probably congestive heart failure but well never know honeslty

it seems like whenever someone or something dies and they need to list cause without an autopsy the go-to is heart failure

Likely a pulmonary issue since she mentioned coughing.

Vet assistant checking in
How old was he?

you too

OP, former vet fag here, no you didn't, dude. Something was fucked with the dog and it died in your hands. I've had dogs die on my watch, and it feels terrible, but it wasn't your fault.

Is/did the vet doing an autopsy?

why would you do this to him? kys

pan00