Try emacs

>try emacs
>takes a minute to start up
>try vim
>takes seconds to start up
>try vi
>instantly opens
Vimtards explain yourselves

Attached: gacQd4oJuNKX.jpg (1000x1300, 237.52K)

Run emacs as a server.

that's the thing. vim doesn't need a server to open swiftly. emacs needs it because it's a huge/bloated program. you don't need more than neovim

That's on a completely cold start up. Oh no, my 3.774 seconds.

Mind you any new instance is instantaneous upon any new startup as they attach to the daemon.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-30 15-11-41.png (517x96, 13.72K)

nakadashi sex sex sex

>takes a minute to start up
how?
emacs starts instantaneously on my system.
Only when I fill it with crap it does take a while to startup, but so does vim if I do the same

>needs almost 400 packages to be useful
Sad!

nakadashi

vim would need like 1000 to achieve the same functionality desu ;)

you only care about startup time if you never work on proper projects for hours. Chad move is only slightly modded vim for editing config files and emacs for actual programming

emacs is a great operating system lacking only a decent text editor

show your config files

it's sad that we vim users don't have beinganiggerfaggot-mode and aids-mode to type text on our screen

kek

vi, improved

All the text editors suck I just want Vim like Emacs but without all the bloat that comes with Emacs

I don't care if works in terminal I just want a good text editor and graphical programs do it best I can just use window swallowing

Try vscode, it just works. It opens in 3 sec on old hdd despite being a fucking browser.

nano doesn't have this problem

I've been playing around with doom Emacs but i feel like I should try to learn & setup neovim instead.

You guys would think I'm cool then, right? Right?

Attached: 3939587.png (900x586, 36.58K)

Please name even 100 that it would need to get the same functionality.

>try notepad++
>instantly opens
>a windows graphical program is faster than muh loonix terminal thingy