PYTHON VS BASH

So I wanna be able to create prototypes or simple programs to help me do stuff.
Examples:
-A memory assistance tool that would show me images and I have to type the name, eg. chess opening or electronic components, minerals etc
-A simulation that would help me learn the critical infrastructure of a city(plumbing, sewage, power distribution, cell towers, garbage disposal etc) If I could implement some kind of graphical element I would prefer it. Don't need anything fancy. Just some shitty drawings would be fine.
-A poker bot that I update as I learn myself and perhaps test it online at some point.

>Which of the two is better? After all python is a scripting language and I would also like to learn the linux shell, so if I could do those things with bash scripts, it's two birds, one stone.

Attached: python vs bash.jpg (1500x600, 203.19K)

If you are smart, you will use both.
Also, you won't finish none of these three projects, choose something less greedy like printing an ascii animu girl when you open a terminal for the first time after boot.

Stick with Python.

0/10

python has retard-proof gui libraries like tkinter
i used it to make a tool for learning german

Attached: C1EB7094-CE40-4C5C-9A12-C160C6C3947F.png (1128x1600, 695.51K)

This OP.
Python is a programming language that will literally allow you to do almost anything you need, provided extreme speed and perfs doesn't matter to you (it rarely does actually).

Try to use bash as "glue" to only run the inital command/service.

Attached: b1M3ni56_o.png (351x319, 88.58K)

Yeah have fun

Do you know whay bash is and what its abilities are?
Obviously, use python

Python is very fast unless you're at the point where every extra second matters, which since Any Forums is full of retards that can't do maths it won't matter for any of their stupid scripts.
And if you need some parts to go faster just write them in cython.

>Python is very fast
okay but then every programming language is very fast (or faster than very fast)

Point is no matter what Any Forums codes will be slow cause they don't understand algorithms in the first place. Even if they code it in C it'll still be slow.

>another case of OP post and fucks off

I understand a lot of people who visit this place are kids with big dreams that they eventually grow tired off. I've already been learning about this stuff. Reading articles, taking notes (I have filled so many notebooks and digital texts) The idea came to me because that's how I learned about logic gates. A simulator to visualize while reading and taking notes. The more senses work the faster someone learns.
>If you are smart, you will use both.
It would feel vain to call myself smart, but I do learn fast. The question is about order.

No. If I knew I wouldn't be asking people who know more than me.

Thank you guys for the recommendation. That is what I want. Something fast and easy to use as a tool for other stuff.

I was playing a chess game on another tab, till I get some answers my good sir.

Attached: arrcane device.jpg (1600x1131, 291.96K)

That's fine. I don't need speed or super optimization. Just a middleman to learn other stuff. And even if I did, I wouldn't go for that on my first programming language. After some experience I guess I could learn C or something if I decide to follow that path, but right now I have other priorities.

Could you recommend a good resource for algorithms? Please no that huge "introduction to algorithms" that tends to get recommended. I don't wanna become a computer scientist before I'm able to do the simple stuff I want. Something that gives you a good nice overview of the most use ones even if they are not the best of the best. 100 most useful algorithms type stuff.

Attached: 1631529743825.jpg (600x600, 68.23K)

>Could you recommend a good resource for algorithms?
Computational Geometry Algorithms and Applications
Even if you don't understand all of it at least you'll get the general idea for how algorithms are created in the first place.

Thank you :)

Attached: 1631531019345.jpg (950x534, 161.29K)

bash is not good with anything except system automation

>The question is about order.
Python can allow you to see results faster. But if you use GNU/Linux, try to learn some system administration after you start doing relatively non-trivial projects, it will help a lot.

>A simulation that would help me learn the critical infrastructure of a city
??????
Try godot maybe

For all the things you list, Python is better. Bash is better when it comes to launching subprocesses (a thing that it specializes in). For pretty much literally everything else, Python is better.
I have used both and hate them both, but Bash is definitely harder to use for many tasks.

Since when is a Dispos-all critical infrastructure?