/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky: We're not your personal google search butler, at least try yourself before asking.

>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming & Web-dev - >Good, cheap laptops >"Cheap" electronics >Server & Networking >Headphones & In-ears - >Mechanical Keyboards >Smartphones >Privacy & security How to find/activate any version of Windows: rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1631537622853.png (426x426, 422.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2022/07/29/app-store-ads-expanding/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Waht is the gentoo os?

>We're not your personal google search butler, at least try yourself before asking.
Nice dogwhistle, chud. /qa/ lost.

Attached: 1645481270550.png (255x375, 45.22K)

what's better?
>using icloud private relay
or
>using nothing

Why can't we have round image files? I know we can use transparency, but that's cheating.

Attached: 2cm8v8qw5ke91.jpg (3024x4032, 2.75M)

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c:v libx264 -vf "scale=1920x1080" -vb 3.5M -pass 1 -an pass1.mp4
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c:v libx264 -vf "scale=1920x1080" -vb 3.5M -pass 2 -c:a copy pass2.mp4

Is this the right way to do it? Isn't it creating two different files?

Attached: gentoo.jpg (276x79, 3.26K)

The former

Im trying to learn git. See if this is correct:
Im developing a store API. So I branch two times, client-branch and sales-branch (emulate that two persons are working on these two domains), write and pass tests for both branches then merge to main?
Is this how a branching would look like irl?

Also what would be the production, develop and stagging branches?

Suppose my API example.

>production branch
This is the API that access the clients and sales domain and it is currently my v1. Its been deployed and up.
>develop branch
This is where the devs are implementing access to the products domain. When ready, this will be deployed and now the API is v2.
>stagging branch
WTF is this?

Also would the addition of a new domain require the api to be in v2 now? I mean, changing the endpoints? Or just if the access to what is v1 changed?

Attached: bnm.jpg (1103x790, 65.06K)

why would you trust apple though? is it really better?

i mean i'm just giving them access to my session key but me myself i'm not really uploading any copyrighted content, r-right?

Attached: coom.png (896x156, 70.17K)

good vpn worth the money ?

I'm trying to update an Android 12 app and keep getting 'App not installed as package appears to be invalid'. When I try to install it via a different installer, it says that it can't 'downgrade' the app without first uninstalling it and losing all my data. The version I want to install is definitely newer, and I've tried getting the APK from multiple sources.

Is there any way around this that lets me keep my data? Specifically, it's a mobage that I've been playing for years and managed to lose my recovery code for (and now can't login and get the code). I haven't spent a single cent on the game but I'd rather keep my rare shit.

Attached: car.webm (480x480, 887.38K)

You can drag the black triangle, no?

>client-branch and sales-branch
The structure of an API evolves over time, so in a few years you'll have v1, v2, ... exposed at the same time. This is because consumers of your APIs do not update in lockstep, some don't ever update.
Now all these versions are in production simultaneously, and any changes need to be contained to the respective API version (say a security patch on v2 does not need to be applied on v1).
This means you need to have a branch for every version you're maintaining, growing directly from master, and then further branches growing from each version branch (for new features and patches).
Think of it as a tree: once a branch splits from the trunk (master), it continues in its own direction and grows other branches and leaves. It shares history with master only up to the branching point, and then diverges forever. I highlighted this on pic related, as it is characteristic for APIs. Söydevs nowadays only care about the latest version and they stop maintaining older releases, but you don't have this luxury with APIs.

TL;DR: no, your branches will initially be short-lived and look like "implement-authentication", "update for new DB schema", and so on. They will all fold into master until you add a major branch like v1, which will then grow its own short-lived branches.

Attached: 1659183018076.png (852x1600, 348.34K)

what are these little tooless rubber stopper things called? Im hoping there's a way to replace them since they all hardened and crumbled away, but the drive cages are still good

Attached: 20220706_070729.jpg (3024x3024, 3.65M)

Yes. Web services visibly track you across websites when you are at home. They just compare visits by the IP address. This is not possible when you use the private relay.

So far Apple is not in the advertisement networks. But they have so much information on people thanks to iPhones. Can they be trusted in the future?
9to5mac.com/2022/07/29/app-store-ads-expanding/

What do you plan to do with a VPN?

grommets? and good luck finding new ones because there's no standard for them and cunts change how they do shit all the time and never keep any spare stock and the few ones people sell on ebay cost an arm and a leg

t. guy that tried to find some for lenovo trays

Thanks. In this case, what would be deployed up and running? The release only. right?

Main branch act likes a backup?

I'm new to linux and decided to install kde (plasma) when I read my os can have several desktop environments. I didn't know it would install almost a thousand fucking packages.. It's slow to boot also.

Is there a clean way to undo the install and remove everything it installed also (only). I don't want to break the system.

>I know we can use transparency, but that's cheating.
Is it though? The image file isn't any bigger. Symmetrical oblong images are one thing, but how do you determine a reasonable 'center' for any weird blotch shape? Why not just specify a box around it at that point?

You can always install extra stuff without breaking.
>I didn't know it would install almost a thousand fucking packages
Extra info? If you start from a barebones system that does nothing but boot to console, you can easily except a thousand packages to get to a full blown DE.
(wasn't modularity a good thing?)

depends on the distro, what distro do you use?

I am talking about round images only.

What advantage would round images offer to justify the code bloat?