Do you think God is real Any Forums?

Do you think God is real Any Forums?
Can you truly believe in him without also believing in satan?
>inb4 but God let bad thing happen

Attached: 1389661073-75b6443bf5650d23a3bf87caf33ad73a.png (500x750, 437.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sn-OEe-dlp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 2D03FD7F-3165-4002-B0DE-EB5A1CE839EB.jpg (500x750, 65.86K)

Yes, I believe in God, no, I don't believe in Satan. God created the natural world with certain rules and gave humanity free will to operate within that world. Evil exists because humans choose to do evil things. Nature is not evil, although it is tragic and cruel at times, but it doesn't have any malice.

Attached: 1653145879420.png (1000x1000, 192.08K)

I mean he's God so I'm sure he's heard worse depending on what you're jerking off to. Still pretty evil to do that to God.

I Am

that's why it's hot

no religion is a cope for being scared of death.
it's got some philosophy mixed in that tards will claim only works if you believe in the rest of the hocus pocus, but that's just secondary "you better believe or else" cope

Wouldn't you say that if a being like God could exist and he seems to embody all that's virtuous then why wouldn't there be one to tempt us to do bad, I agree with the free will part, but feel like it's a struggle between choosing Satan or God with the battle of temptation and faith, one leading to heaven and the other hell, in extreme cases of temptation. Maybe that's why the world is looking worse and worse with everyone following evil practices and no good ones.

Attached: 1653751063564m.jpg (1024x497, 75.64K)

Men are from nature. Men are malicious.
Whether you like it or not, malice is natural as well. Nature is red in tooth and claw, and that is not a neutral stance.

There is no god and her name is Eris.

If I was omnipotent, I would make a universe where free will exists but evil does not. Since I am omnipotent, this would be trivial for me to accomplish. I would also make sure the devil never reads Revelations because that could bite me on the ass later.

No, I don't think there is a god.

I mean yeah I guess I just don't see the necessity of a metaphysical Satan figure tempting us with evil because evil traits are inherent: selfishness, cowardice, sloth, greed, lust, etc. While these impulses are natural, man has been given free will to rise above this.

That being said I'm in no way endorsing some faggot universalism contrary to nature, I don't think killing faggots or conquering the weak is necessarily evil.

I do think being a completely spineless bug-man running hastily from one pleasure to the next is evil.

Attached: 051111-f-jk230-001.jpg (3506x3600, 1.48M)

Evil is the shadow of free will.

You are saying you will make a flat orb, a spherical circle, a 1D pyramid, a burritto you yourself cant lift.

Its fallacious.

>I don't think killing faggots or conquering the weak is necessarily evil
you're a fucking tard looking to find justification in religion so you can feel good after commiting evil acts.
kill yourself. we don't need more violent crazy assholes in the world

The real big brain is realizing satan and YHWH aren't separate beings. Not in a heretical way, but in the same way the trinity works.
Satan in a literal sense is God's Intellect separated from Himself and in eternal rebellion against the seemingly unordered world. Its a representation of how we "made in His image and that refers to mind shape not body shape" also are at constant odds with ourselves: the intellect clashing with the unconcious.

I don't think killing weak and diseased people is evil, that's just following nature, and God doesn't ask us to live contrary to our nature, he asks us to do our best with our nature.

In any case I'm not justifying this by religion, just pointing out that it isn't contrary to religion.

Attached: IMG_2694.png (443x455, 88.63K)

I have to admit this type of theological nuance is beyond my knowledge and interest. God's requirements for Men are simple: be brave, be honorable, fear God, take care of your family, and destroy evil wherever you encounter it.

Attached: IMG_2723.jpg (800x600, 64.09K)

your scripture, at least the new testament, is nothing but jesus helping the weak and diseased. you're fucking stupid.
humans have created the modern world through cooperation. dumbfucks like you are just the criminals that we keep having to put down like dogs as they try to machismo their way through life, since they never bothered to learn anything better to offer.

Someone explains how this woman has "free will".

Attached: no_freewill.webm (854x480, 1.84M)

it's not nuance. the other comment is just handwaving a bunch of mushy thinking.

I don't believe in either

Yeah I mean we're all born with original sin to do harm to one another without rhyme or reason. There are other options sometimes. Like the other user said about killing troonsThere are ways to convince people that they are being groomed by evil media and they aren't really a part of some transgender boom, but instead a grift and just evil at heart that could come for anyone's kids without common knowledge of adults trying to manipulate children in general.

God hears ya... God don't care

yes

Attached: 0001.jpg (2560x3608, 1.42M)

>inb4 but God let bad things happen
you can't just dismiss an important moral dilemma simply because you actually believe unless you are 12

I'm not Christian, user, and the modern world can fuck right off, it's dying anyway.

Either way it distracts from the beautiful simplicity of religion and God's commandments to humanity.

Attached: 1653253259048.png (500x791, 189.32K)

As to why he would do this?
I think it's the mechanical process He had fo do to facilitate free will at all.

Think about it. How do you as an all knowing all powerful creator diety that Is Everything, create anything that is a surprise to you?
Maybe you divide the part of yourself as the concious intellect from the unconcious creative aspects set them at odds. Now you have the possibility for events the "creator" doesn't see coming in the form of His creations choosing Good and Evil, as defined by this initial separation of the Divine Self.

I would love to believe in god, and heaven but I was raised Christian and never felt the presence of god. God never "answered my prayers" and the more I learned about Christianity and other world religions the more the whole thing seemed like a sham.

I can't speak for OP but I feel like this dilemma has been resolved many times through various means over the years. There are entire books of theology and philosophy written on this exact subject.

>Do you think God is real Any Forums?
Kinda yes. I used to be an atheist, but now I believe a little bit more each day. I still have questions but I'll see where it takes me.
>Can you truly believe in him without also believing in satan?
It depends, user. If you are Christian, I don't think it's possible.

Attached: 1634894946771.jpg (1920x948, 628.4K)

"I'm not a christian"
"it distracts from the beauty of god's commandments"

are you a jew or a muslim or just absolutely retarded? please explain what kind of dumbass thought process leads you to simultaneously dismiss scripture and gush about god's faggotry.

I've never seen a satisfying answer to the question of why god allows innocents to suffer.

Demonstrably false. Nothing prevents an individual from always using their free will for good. If every individual uses their free will for good, then both free will and an evil free world result. Again, trivial with omnipotence.

To summarise:
>everyone has free will
>nobody uses their free will for evil

if you never think hard you'll do evil while thinking you are doing good

That's what I mean when I day that Satan probably exists too. That guy jumping from the building wasn't an act of grace, that was evil in itself, who's to say he wasn't aiming for the pram. Things that seem neutral in nature are very unfortunate too, I feel like they have sinister undertones, and that jesus can still take care of them.

Attached: jesuschrist1-2x.jpg (1200x560, 102.96K)

I'm Jewish, yes.

To me it seems pretty obvious that suffering is a normal and acceptable part of life. The idea that life should consist entire of pleasure seems absurd.

Meh, I can accept that there are limits to my wisdom. Sometimes I will make mistakes.

this is just determinism. this is no dfiferent than being born a ginger, blonde, tall, short, with 5 arms, getting a stroke or dieing in a car crash.

And without determinism, you can't make choices because they are rendered pointless by being impredictable, while determinism makes outcomes predictables thus making choices meaningful.

Look up compatibilism + you re a midwit

>I'm Jewish, yes.
not one of the stereotypically bright ones, I see.
I guess you're more of a "I can't push buttons its saterday" kind of jew

What about killing by mistake. You 're gonna say "meh" to God because you were too lazy and preferred playing ball instead of doing your homework? And you expect God to answer you "np champ" and clap your hand?

youtube.com/watch?v=sn-OEe-dlp4

Attached: 1637910550563.webm (460x662, 1.97M)

He doesn't "allow" suffering
Suffering is the precondition to life.
Inseperable
The reason there is no suffering in heaven is because you dont really "live" there the "eternal life" described is a timeless changeless one of everworship to the diety. Hell is just the mirror of that

So when thought this way there is zero contradiction about suffering and living: aby creature that experiences Time experiences suffering/life same concept.
Only unaware animals that dont experience time or self are free from this, but they simultanously can be said to not live at all.

I don't practice Jewish religion. I'm eating bacon right now.

I mean if you take it to the point of absurdity, sure, but I think we can agree that you can be a good God-fearing person without being a philosopher.

god is either blind, stupid, impotent, apathetic, some mix thereof, or nonexistent. Doesn't matter which.

This world is a fiction created specifically to condition me for my grand purpose. None of you are real people. Only I exist and God will use me once I die for a purpose.

If everyone thinks the same there is no free will being exercised. Your example is childish.

You think there can exist a state where everyone chooses the same exact thing, that never has nor will ever be the case.

I don't even need to go deeper than that, your argument fails on the face of it.

Sure, OP. There is some intelligent entity out there with the technology to simultaneously listen to the innermost thoughts of nearly eight billion people and that not only uses this technology to listen in, but also actively intervenes based upon what it hears. Sure, I believe in that. Why the fuck not?

I wish he existed, though I know he doesn't. Honestly, I'd like to be sure of an afterlife.. I don't want to simply be nothing after death, hell reincarnation is better than nothingness...