Why are houses so expensive now?

Why are houses so expensive now?

Attached: image.jpg (1081x1444, 465.9K)

Because they want us poor and paying rent for the rest of our lives.

Theyre going to drop during this upcoming recession

because people won't stop making babies

more people=more demand

more demand=prices increase

stupidly low interest rates of like 2 and 3% cause people to buy houses faster and faster. then prices will rise *alot* and people can still afford them because the rates are so low.

Yeah they were saying that since 2017. We will see.

I got a comfy house with some land here in sweden, will observe the market.

Variety of reasons:
-New construction was badly impacted by the 2008 crisis and the pandemic
-Materials prices (e.g. wood) went way up during the pandemic
-Urban areas typically have zoning or geographic constraints and where single family homes can be built
-Years of very low interest rates + low supply led to price inflation as buyers competed for what homes remained with cheap money

Until the rates go up. Can you fix the rates in the us?

Location. In shit-tier red states where no one wants to fucking live, I could pick up that dump for 1/10th the price.

The rates are going up, do you not have access to basic information?

jews

People are staying single, so have double the demand than if if they were married.

Beauracracy and environmental restrictions make construction of new ones more difficult.

Everyone wants to live in it ann areas. The country has tons of places for very cheap.

Houses are much bigger and much fancier than they were decades ago.

Interest rates have risen, it are still lower then historical numbers.

It was implied but some countries allow fixing the rate to a 20 year period e.g.

*urban areas
Not ‘it ann’ areas

Cool story

Who protects the people, from the people that say they protect the people?

Attached: Disease.jpg (960x908, 388.64K)

my grandparents think their house is worth 125,000 £
its three bedrooms, en-suite, two gardens, two sheds, big driveway, a pond and a place to keep birds
mind you this i still 800K $ because your money is not worth a lot...

this is literally not true

more people = more houses
more houses = cheaper houses and lower margins
easier to make a lot of houses (until the land runs out)

if there were only 100 thousand people in the country they could make 100K houses and charge more for them, because theyd all have jobs and a fine economy. and any more thousands of people would mean you have to build a thousand more houses, a thousand at a time. and it hurts planning

yeah salinas makes sense, i live in santa cruz you should see the prices here. The shittiest houses get sold for upwards of 1 mil. You have to make at least 150k to live here and have a basic level of comfort

Fpbp and /thread

i see the creator didnt add russia. kys ivan.

Its California, they have to property tax the shit out of you to keep their government ponzi scheme going.

Supply and demand, dumbass.

Starting wage at mcdonalds in my town is 14 dollars an hour. Thats not a manager either, just a standard burger flipper. Factory is 20-25/hr.

People can afford it

wrong

They didn't bother to add Biden either. And then he was installed as president with 81M votes... curious that.