I managed to get a high paying tech job by lying...

I managed to get a high paying tech job by lying. I got hired in a job that requires a very high understanding of networks and computers, a knowledge which I don't have. In the interview he just asked me a bunch of questions about "are you familiar with x" and I just said yes to everything. I studied IT a little bit in college before dropping out, so I knew some of the terminology and just barely managed to make it seem like I knew what I was talking about. Should I take the job and try to see how far I can make it or learn on the fly, or does that sound even remotely possible? or is that a bad idea?

Attached: 8fc0526c70bce2e6.png (376x376, 177.15K)

Collect first paycheck and head back to flipiing burgers

You're going to get exposed sooner than later. Save every penny.

Study 24/7 and take ECA to avoid burnout

If you quit now you can save yourself some humiliation, loss of self-respect and reputation.

>self respect
>reputation
these things are far less important than money

>poorfag mentality

Experience is experience. There's a chance they just give him a chance to learn on the job.

Don't listen to this retard OP. Go along with it as long as you can. Try to learn as much as possible. If your company's big enough, you could easily skate by for 6 months or more. In my company, I've heard of developers who couldn't even into hello world and they stayed on for 8 months.

Good job. Trust me nobody gets fired alone. If you do get fired, it's because the company is laying off 20% of its staff and was inevitable.

This desu. You should consider lucky OP. Best of luck with your career!

just google anything you need. its extremely likely that everything you need is explained somewhere

The company that hired you is obviously a complete mess. Take the job, you deserve each other.

>gets tasked with reconfiguring routing
>entire continent loses connectivity
>3 million dead
>"at least i learned something"

take the job, most of the time you wont need to do anything related to those subjects anyway. It's just bullshitting all around.

this but unironically

Just find someone who does know what they are doing and make them do your work in exchange for sexual favors

If they didnt weed him out during interviews that's THEIR problem.

Correct, also there are plenty of retards who know nothing about networking while having a degree. They all learn on the job too.

like people said, if they recruit you that's their problem, not yours.
also requirements are always overblown to filter people. you will never do everything that was listed in the job offer.
if you don't have a shitty personality, come to work everyday, never late and willing to learn it will be just fine.

it will be fine op, as long as you are willing to learn then they will be none the wiser

stay, of course. milk it for all you can, save them paychecks and get xp. maybe you'll be able to fake it till you make it

sure, but are there any downsides?