This is what Stallman has to say about Python

This is what Stallman has to say about Python
>When you start a Lisp system, it enters a read-eval-print loop. Most other languages have nothing comparable to `read', nothing comparable to `eval', and nothing comparable to `print'. What gaping deficiencies!
>I skimmed documentation of Python after people told me it was fundamentally similar to Lisp. My conclusion is that that is not so. `read', `eval', and `print' are all missing in Python.

then wtf is pic related? is he dense? or is this a passive aggressive way of saying it doesn't conform to some freetard definition?

Attached: file.png (875x121, 14.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lisp-journey.gitlab.io/blog/compile-time-type-checking-in-common-lisp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>is he dense?
yes
/thread

in Perl this is just eval $_ or die $@ while

yes, python has a repl idk what he's talking about kek
what python doesn't have is a live environment in which you can modify the program interactively as it's running, which is one of the comfiest features of lisp (at least common lisp, idk how good it is on the scheme side)

read in lisp is user customizable, it expands macros, python does not have a repl in the lisp sense. it's just a gimped lisp in every other way too

>it's just a gimped lisp in every other way too
maybe in Any Forums fantasy land
in the real world python is king and lisp is unusable trash, macros are just a way to make fucked up unreadable code

haha brutal and true

>muh real world!!!
>muh popularity contest!
kek, i like how pytards always bring this up because being popular is literally the only thing python has going for it. you could eat shit everyday because someone pays you to and because everyone else is eating shit because someone pays them to, but it doesn't make the shit any less shit
>macros are just a way to make fucked up unreadable code
filtered?

by eating shit i can afford my anime figurines

except no, lisp is both unpopular and bad, python is actually good
>filtered?
implying that lisp shills don't intentionally write giant unreadable macros made out of bizarre demonic symbols to try to filter people

>except no, lisp is both unpopular and bad, python is actually good
except python is actually bad
>implying that lisp shills don't intentionally write giant unreadable macros made out of bizarre demonic symbols to try to filter people
kek user have you ever even tried learning it? macros are literally just replacing code with other code, and macroexpand exists

>except python is actually bad
no that's lisp
>kek user have you ever even tried learning it?
implying i didn't write lots of lisp macros 20 years ago for the brief period during the dotcom bubble when lisp shills were trying to meme it again, we can all be happy that period is over
you have no defense other than the tired and shitty >b-b-b-but u just don't understand

>python is actually bad
name one (1) flaw
>slow
works fine on m1 pro
>dynamic typing
type hinting is good enough
>whitespace for code blocks
most people indent code anyway

>no that's lisp
no that's python
>i..i wrote lisp 20 years ago! and retards were making bad code!
implying that retards aren't making the same kind of retarded unmaintainable messes in python today
how about
>overused oop everywhere
>need to import a million libraries to do anything
>muh pythonic
>no multi line lambdas
>repl is crappy
>>slow
>works fine on m1 pro
you know full well that when people say it's slow, they mean in comparison to pretty much anything else
>>dynamic typing
>type hinting is good enough
sounds like cope, on common lisp at least we have real compile time type checking
>>whitespace for code blocks
>most people indent code anyway
doesn't make it less retarded to make it an error not to indent something

I didn’t even know that such a thing existed. You lear everyday.

>no that's python
no that's lisp
>implying that retards aren't making the same kind of retarded unmaintainable messes in python today
correct, python doesn't let you write unreadable macro garbage
>>overused oop everywhere
lisp is overused fp everywhere
>>need to import a million libraries to do anything
in the real world libraries are actually a good thing that everyone wants and likes to use, you're just coping because lisp has no good libraries
>>no multi line lambdas
don't need them
>>repl is crappy
it's the same as a lisp repl
>you know full well that when people say it's slow, they mean in comparison to pretty much anything else
it's similar speed to any other JIT dynamic language
>sounds like cope
nope
>on common lisp at least we have real compile time type checking
works just as poorly as python type hinting
complete type checking is an impossibility in a dynamic language
>doesn't make it less retarded to make it an error not to indent something
and it's still less retarded than making it an error not to put parenthesis everywhere

Yeah gimped except for your employability when you use it

Stallman is an old boomer that knows his tools very well and has literally zero interest in learning about other stuff.
This would be good if he didn't post his dogshit opinions all of the time

king of what? python is king in making non programmers like scientists pretend they can program

>no that's lisp
no that's python
>correct, python doesn't let you write unreadable macro garbage
awesome! instead is unreadable class spaghetti!
>lisp is overused fp everywhere
so you've never actually used common lisp? pretty much everyone except paul graham loves CLOS. plus what i mean by overused oop in python is that pytards love to shoehorn it into everything for some reason. for example, even on leetcode the default python template is a class even though you're only gonna write like one function to solve it. why is this so common?
>in the real world libraries are actually a good thing that everyone wants and likes to use, you're just coping because lisp has no good libraries
libraries are good, lisp has tons of libraries, but in python you literally cannot do anything without them. numpy is probably one of the main ones holding the entire language up, because it was written in mostly C so it's not slow garbage.
>it's similar speed to any other JIT dynamic language
>look bro it's similar to these other slow languages
awesome!
>nope
yeah
>works just as poorly as python type hinting
it works very well actually, but you wouldn't know that since you've probably never used common lisp
lisp-journey.gitlab.io/blog/compile-time-type-checking-in-common-lisp/
>and it's still less retarded than making it an error not to put parenthesis everywhere
>muh parens
nah the parens are comfy, especially when your editor handles them for you
you can know both python and common lisp, be employed, and acknowledge that python is crap

he's not referring to the interactive python
let's say you run this code with $ python3 foo.py
x = 2
it will not print anything until you use print() function to print x variable
on lisp on the other hand, I think it does

sorry, bad example
the actual code
x = 2
x

>no that's python
no that's lisp
>awesome! instead is unreadable class spaghetti!
filtered
classes are perfectly readable, unlike macros that can rewrite the entire program to mean something completely different from what the base language specifies
>so you've never actually used common lisp?
wrong, cope
>plus what i mean by overused oop in python is that pytards love to shoehorn it into everything for some reason
lisptards love to shoehorn macros and fp into everything for some reason
>lisp has tons of libraries
still shit compared to python
>but in python you literally cannot do anything without them
neither can you in lisp
>numpy is probably one of the main ones holding the entire language up, because it was written in mostly C so it's not slow garbage
cope, lisp has nothing as fast as numpy
>awesome!
lisp is one of those slow languages
>yeah
nope
>it works very well actually
nope
>but you wouldn't know that since you've probably never used common lisp
you've never used python
>nah the parens are comfy, especially when your editor handles them for you
your editor can handle the indenting for you, but you were too dumb to set that up

python:
is shit

(lisp (is (shit)))

{Long, Live, Lua}

nah you need to (print x) on lisp too

>commas
no thanks desu ill stick with
(long live lisp)