Carbon

Is it a meme

Attached: Screenshot_20220727-133124_Chrome.jpg (1079x1916, 860.62K)

should I start learning Carbon to get a joooooooooooooooooooooooob?

Yes

/thread

Messed up part is that even if this is garbage it’s probably going to be absolutely everywhere. Still not learning it

they already did Go and nobody uses it, so yeah

Go is extremely popular though

So the company that made Go has now come out with a Carbon. Does that mean Go has been abandoned? Perhaps this make Go the meme?

>cabron

In the US.

>bring back the glory days of C++
this already happened after C++11. glory days are now. no need to reinvent anything.

I am a slav and I love Go because it's so comfy to work with. No other language comes even close.

Go competes mainly with the JVM ecosystem (and .NET), Python and backend JS. It's already widespread enough to not die in the foreseeable future and it actually found uses and popularity outside of its intended niche, unlike, say, Elixir.
Go is far from perfect, but it's perfectly serviceable and has a unique combo of qualities. Relatively fast, relatively lightweight, statically-typed, minimal/utilitarian, compiles to portable executables and does so fast to the point of feeling more like an interpreted language in practice, made with concurrency and networking in mind, self-hosted.
Carbon is a C++ killer №99 that is still pretty much just a draft after what, 2 years of development?

Just another shit language from another clang fork

>applied to FAGMAN job
>3rd interview they mention they want 5 years of experiencing coding w/carbon
>mfw

>angular went nowhere
>dart went nowhere
>go went nowhere
This one will be different tho

Attached: clueless.png (307x259, 54.69K)

The readme literally says it's only for people stuck with C++ and to avoid both itself and C++ if you can.
I'm not a poor sucker stuck in a C++ ecosystem, so why would I learn it?

>go went nowhere
Why are you lying user? Afraid of the blue rat taking away your php, python, ruby, node webshit jobs?

C++ is the worst programming language ever conceived and the root cause of almost everything wrong with computing nowadays.

We don't need a "C++ alternative", C++, by design, encourages a fundamentally flawed and unmaintainable software architecture.

C++ was not designed for "real world problems". The real world™ started inventing problems to accomodatr the "solutions" proposed by C++.

>C---- glory days
That never existed.

DOA.
it copies Rust syntax but keeps C++ insanity including headers + impl files
it doesn't even address destructive moves
women like us love rust because they're bold; they created their own lib type that is >>>>>>>>>>>>> that .dll/.so

Attached: Zero_the_Ziguana.svg.png (800x800, 126.31K)

Everything made by g**gle is a meme just keep improving simple commands