Well anons? Is it gestures or is it buttons?

Well anons? Is it gestures or is it buttons?

Attached: Versus-For-and-against-gesture-navigation.jpg (1200x675, 252.18K)

I prefer ur mom

Get rekt faget

yes

Attached: file.png (1280x600, 934.56K)

holy rekt
how will op EVER recover

Gestures with FNG because the default ones are painfully slow

buttons, gestures are for zoomies and other braindead types

Hardware buttons

Unironically, is this a case of of "old good new bad" or are they better?

I looked that up and they look very complex to do the same thing.

Holy based

gestures are buggy as shit and the shitty recent screen is less shit with buttons

>I looked that up and they look very complex to do the same thing
Like I said, it's a question of speed. System gestures are annoying and slow. The default animation speed on Android sucks too and should be set to 0.5 or 0.25

Gestures are so much better, but if you've only used the Android implementation you might be mislead. On a platform with proper gestures like webOS, BB10, or iOS (just copied from the former), it is a great improvement in both device screen space, functionality, and fluidity.

I try not to fall in the trap of "old good new bad" and have more than one genuine attempt to really get gestures in the fingers.
I just can't. Even after months of use I'm still slower and less reliable with them than buttons.
I keep mixing up "home" and "app overview" to the point that I think it's just a poor implementation of gestures and is simply superior, but not in vanilla android.

Well what I mean is it looks like the fine tuning of them is needlessly complex. The same gestures but I would spend forever tweaking and fucking about with them.

>old good new bad
this mantra has never failed me

I'm still on buttons. Haven't tried gestures yet.

I like the Samsung hidden buttons, that work with swipe up guestures. I am using lineage so im stuck with the regular on screen buttons. The lineage guesture buttons are unusable.

That is fair. I have given it half a dozen attempts too. Always switch back to buttons.

>Fluidity
>Meanwhile in shill land
Where English doesn't matter as long as the words sound rigid for their pleasure.

At that point though, you may as well have the fucking button, if you are basically using them but having no symbol on them.

Both at the same time. I use the Good Lock "One hand operation+" module to enable gestures, whilst keeping the stsndard 3 button layout. FYI: I'm a heterosexual white man.

>get rid of hardware buttons
>get rid of software buttons
>use software gestures
>apps use software gestures
This inherently will always cause problems and slow down usability.