What technical improvements could we make to CRTs in the modern era?

what technical improvements could we make to CRTs in the modern era?

Attached: crt.jpg (1600x900, 253.42K)

we can recycle them

replace them with lcds

replace them with oleds

ur fuchs

Low profile tubes

Attached: 85A07B3F-EC70-406F-9EBA-D114A6D51079.jpg (3000x3000, 830.5K)

Isn't Samsung Slimfit supposed to be really shit? Bad geometry and focus, I've heard.

The biggest problem with CRTs is weight and portability, even when they're small.

FED/SED

Attached: 97D6F48E-2072-4134-AFE7-42B64A0FEF1F.jpg (440x330, 34.52K)

Phosphor flickering shit that cant achive 100% DCI-P3. Died without being born for obvious reasons. Maybe this shit can fit for esports CS GO, due to the fact that there are not slow liquid crystals, but instantaneous flashes of electrons.

donating them to 4th worlders

By now we could have had cheap and plentiful 32 inch 240hz 4K HDR CRTs. Frame sync would not need to exist.
But nooooo we threw away superior display technology for flatness.

High IQ use CRT only in high-end exemplars (like iiyama 514) for multiplayer FPS because it fastest. High IQ poorfags also use CRT for better contrast and deep black, because can't buy OLED. Low IQ use CRT for "retro gaming", "aesthetics". Very low IQ use CRT for everyday usage.

just buy an OLED

> 32 inch
You meant shit like 16:9 and 21:9 formats. But learn physics, this is not suitable for CRT, it is much more difficult to aim the rays at this distance, and the image will be more soapy/less clear along the horizontal edges, for this reason almost all CRTs are 4:3. Sony FW900 has a very higher pitch of the aperture grating at the edges. The "20 inch 4:3 has the same vertical height as the 27 inch 16:9, that's enough.
> HDR
Color CRT cant. You can achieve it only on black-white CRT, because HDR need 1000+ nits of brightness and black and white CRT has no bars blocking the rays. The limit of the aperture grille is 300-400 nits

>You meant shit like 16:9 and 21:9 formats. But learn physics, this is not suitable for CRT, it is much more difficult to aim the rays at this distance, and the image will be more soapy/less clear along the horizontal edges, for this reason almost all CRTs are 4:3. Sony FW900 has a very higher pitch of the aperture grating at the edges. The "20 inch 4:3 has the same vertical height as the 27 inch 16:9, that's enough.

You heard what the man said 32inches 4:3 not wideshit you know its possible because there are multisynch monitors that big

>Color CRT cant. You can achieve it only on black-white CRT, because HDR need 1000+ nits of brightness and black and white CRT has no bars blocking the rays. The limit of the aperture grille is 300-400 nits
Most retarded thing I ever heard the mask, while lowering brightness about by alot doesnt limit your maximum brightness, it just determines the energy loss your going to have to compensate for.
The real reason all crts, even the unicorn 300 nit ones should be used at 100 nits is that increasing the beam power is really really bad for the tube and youll burn out the cathodes in no time, an HDR crt would absolutely be possible but do you really want to replace the tube every year like its the fiftys all over again?

Asian dude's dripping

>32" crt
that would weigh like 200lb

32 and 40inch crts exist you know and its closer to 300 pounds

>can't lift his tv

Attached: ZS38r9nh.jpg (1024x768, 79.69K)

Remove the cathode ray tube and use a liquid crystal display instead.

Attached: 1658917485.png (835x219, 12.35K)

I used to carry my 32" black Trinitron myself up and down the stairs.

Wut, 32" CRTs were pretty common.