Cybersecurity

What are the other types of security vulnerabilities besides buffer overflows and format string vulnerabilities?

Attached: 61WRz4V+ADL._AC_SY780_.jpg (385x500, 54.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

peteblank.github.io/test/hackthis.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Social engineering. Humans are so fucking retarded

t.Human

Huh huh
Made this 4 u
peteblank.github.io/test/hackthis.html

this, watch mr robot. the social engineer toolkit by trustedsec is still used a ton.

USB rubber ducky.

What is that?

You have to hack the password and i made as easy as it gets.

>the art of something that isn't art

This is actually a pretty good example because it seems too retarded to be true but retarded shit like this is actually responsible for most data breaches.

XSS, SQLi, SSRF, CSRF, RCE, Race condition, OWASP top 10

Attached: 1627522104393.png (6206x3491, 1.01M)

every windows version connected to the internet
every linux distro with systemd
every "smart" device
every CPU made after 2006
every GPU made after 2010
Just a few thing off top of my head that come backdoored by glowniggers by default.

DNS tunnelling excites me personally.

Man I wish I had discovered Cybersecurity earlier in my life. I switched to CompSci at age 29 (was a teacher before) and only got interested in CyberSec only during the second year. I never had any passion in life and was always jealous of people who had one, but I finally found it. This shit intrigues me like nothing else. I went from literally boomer tier computer illiterate to pwning my first boxes on HTB earlier this year. Im 32 now and my goal is to land a job as a pentester/ethical hacker by 35. With me luck and follow your passion, you are gonna make it anons.

blog post over, thanks for coming.

These boomer books are useless now. It's very unlikely you are going to be close enough to the metal to need some C exploit. Think logic bugs, race conditions, SQL injections, lazy string concatenations, redirects, command injection. But the most relevant hacking these days are spear phishing for malware installation. Why would you need a PhD in low level programming knowledge when you can email somebody in HR a spicy excel file that asks you to run a script?

Hacking is overrated.
Let's say you got the name,SSN, phones etc hell even credit cards from a database.
What do you do now?

>apply for credit cards
>apply for loans
>steal account using 2FA
>use credit to buy gift cards and sell them to people.
That's generally what people do when they get this info.

They sell that shit like candy in the dark web. It's a pain in the ass to make any use of it.

then make money by selling it on the dark web

Various types of command injection.

Steal top secret data off of government servers.

Teach me Linux privilege escalation.