Explain to me why zoomers are using TikTok instead of Google

It makes no sense

Attached: 1650684984398.png (959x658, 211.58K)

Literally just that they’re checking TikTok for restaurants their friends like, instead of googling “restaurants near me” and trusting the reviews of strangers and shills.

What said, but also TikTok unironically has less censorship than Google. Not that you should put too much trust in either.

less censorship of resturants?

Have you tried using Google or YouTube these days? When you search something as a normie, it bombards you with irrelevant ads and sponsored search results. Or you want to find a tutorial video and some faggot eceleb has a 15+ min video to meet YouTube's monetization rule while on TikTok the fix is only a 30s vetical clip upload.

google thinks they're too big to fail, and are trying to use their position to control society by gimping their products. tiktok knows they're never too big to fail and are prioritizing their business by increasing the quality of their products

I asked some young people I know about this.

people still use google for looking up old shit. If you want to know how many people died in 1954 from getting hit by cars in new york city, you look for that shit on google, not tiktok.

tiktok searches are for current things and for shit to buy. If you want to know what stupid shit some celebrity did recently, or you want reviews of some product, you go to tiktok.

the difference is that google searches go back over years of data collected, while tiktok shit is pruned if it's not fresh. thus, the perception that google is a boring library full of old shit, while tiktok has the more recent garbage, even if it's ephemeral.

>the perception that google is a boring library full of old shit, while tiktok has the more recent garbage, even if it's ephemeral.
so basically like starting a thread here, but with less nigger/tranny/faggot/sage/nieceposting

When did tiktok become a search engine? I thought it's just 60 second videos

Of course you don't get it old man. Your time is past. Make way you fossil of a man.

they do instant reward well - it's tantamount to robot chicken, yet the narrative is bounded by any given handful of memes

I'm an oldfag but Google is so bad nowadays I definitely understand them if TikTok's search throws above average results.

all search engines are pozzed other than searx but searx is useless

china isn't going to shove black owned businesses into the top spot or ban the no dongs bakery

>ephemeral
what mean

I completely understand it. Google got complacent in it's dominant position and keeps shitting on it's users or recommending shit it knows you don't want but they think you should want.
Look at fucking youtube. Ever since that useless hole took over it's been sucking up to legacy media like no tomorrow. Youtubers can't even cover tiktok content properly because 99% will trigger copyright. If I was young I wouldn't go to the platform where I can't even put a yeezy song in the background.
Years ago tv and news were considered to be on their way out. Now they're back and more pandered to than ever

Hol' up while I roast you on Usenet.

See you on the Any Forums tiktok user.

Tik tok copied vine and just vine. They didn't try to embeds vine into their shitty service they just provided vine for what it was and to no ones surprise it was massively popular. I was honestly surprised by how long it took for tik tok to appear considering that vine had already revealed a winning formula in the tech space. The only real challenge for them was over coming the obscurity of the app market. They use it over google because Google has nothing but bad news and privacy violations. Hell what's worse. Privacy violations that effect you or privacy violations that exist in the theoretical. Google is a boring and souless company that just exist to make money and zoomers know it. They don't want to do business with it.

It's a auto generated article that's being spammed by a bot or troll.

This

the answer is low attention span

Attached: fun to draw.jpg (2047x695, 150.74K)