Open case dangers?

Last summer I opened my case to let the computer breathe and I basically kept it like that since I'm not bothered by noise.

Thing is, I live in a studio flat and I cook in the same room. Will cooking fumes damage it in the long run? Is it going to get covered by grease and other shit?

Attached: 1650708677269.jpg (1024x768, 141.55K)

>Is it going to get covered by grease and other shit?
not unless you're deepfrying a family meal every night. just get an intake fan and put the cover on the PC. the bigger danger is a spill immediately destroying the entire PC

You don't have fans above your stove?

i once had a fucking lizard inside my PSU. it was even a closed case.

It will probably stay cleaner with the side open. Even with a dust filter the inside of a closed case is a dust trap, while almost no dust makes its way into an open case.

PCs are usually quieter with the side open.

Traditional tower cooling benefits from a vacuum effect between the intake and outflow, that can't be achieved with the side open. Unless you have a dead case fan you can't replace for some reason, there is no thermal benefit to leaving it open/

More dust will land inside, all the circulation in the house / room will bring more dust into it.

All kinds of critters will get inside seeking the warm temps

was considering an open case like pic related but I had the same concerns.

my tech guy said it shouldn't be a problem unless I live in a McDonald's kitchen but I don't know honestly

Attached: 1651055065618.jpg (522x673, 39.51K)

>to let the computer breathe
it's an inanimate object, you should use the case as its engineers intended - closed

You should open the case and use compressed air to clean it once a month anyway.

There's almost no case that has better cooling closed than open. You need a shit ton of forced airflow to equal the amount that just leaks out the wide open side of a case.

I've left all of my PCs open since 2006 and I've never needed to clean them.

>560 Ti
Why are you still using that shit GPU?

>There's almost no case that has better cooling closed than open. You need a shit ton of forced airflow to equal the amount that just leaks out the wide open side of a case.
You have a toddlers understanding of thermodynamics.

that's just a pic from google

I have an autistic PC builder's.

Opening the side of the case ALWAYS improves temps.

>Doesn't know about the differences between positive and negative pressure in pc cooling
Why is Any Forums always wrong

Opening the case actually is counter-intuitive because you lose the wind tunnel effect.
Your fans just ends up recycling hot air over and over instead of shooting hot air out and cooler air in.
If you want to remove your side panel, you're going to have another external fan blowing into that big ass hole in your pc.
If you want to open air, you have to have a platform that's made for it, where it has a lot of open room for the heatsink fans to spit the hot air away easily.

I literally can't use my pc closed without having housefire temps, just don't spill shit on it and put the side panel back on when you're not using your pc.

Attached: 20220726_220927.jpg (960x720, 166.8K)

>close case, run benchmark
>open case, run benchmark
>temps lower with the case open than closed

Why do you not understand basic testing?

>If you want to open air, you have to have a platform that's made for it
Like what

I use a testbench for my pc.
I keep it on a shelf that's above my head so there's minimal dust up there and nothing will spill on it.
But I want to get a cat someday, so when that happens I'm going to have to put all that ish in a case.

>doesn't understand that this indicates insufficient cooling pressure or obstructed push/pull
Seriously dude go educate yourself and stfu

This indicates that the case cooling is worse with the side closed than open you moron.

Not him but maybe he lives in a cold environment and his fans have another configuration, it looks like he tested it

Like Or a test bench like the Streacom BC1(other test benches are ugly af)

Attached: 1644714779839.jpg (1200x600, 84.5K)

>doubles-down on not knowing what he''s talking about
sigh i don't have time to argue with children, enjoy your non-optimal cooling solution, why should you give a shit what the science and best-practice say.

Not the bro you're arguing with but this means you have your fans oriented wrong, dead or clogged

>560 ti
What is it 2012?

Prove yours is better closed than open.

Make a video of you running Passmark with both case closed and open, showing HWMonitor max temps.
Your temps will be lower with the case open.

i don't need to prove shit to you I've been building PC's foir 25 years. Keep doublling down, everyone here thinks you're a moron