Foobased2000

>made literally 20 (twenty) years ago
>to most people it looks like some shitty obscure program from afar
>it's actually STILL the absolute best and unbeatable audio player to this day
Companies had 20 (TWENTY) years to come up with something better, and they're still lagging behind.
It has no competition at all.

Attached: 1658883200926.png (620x620, 63.12K)

Given people mostly just stream now, audio players aren't that popular. Might as well drop a new IRC client. Using Foobar myself of course with my own stylish skin.

>mfw too much of a brainlet to learn it
i have enough shit to learn to bother with this and mpv

where do i even download music from anymore anyway?

musicbee is better for your average consumer
foobar requires legit autism to be properly used
it's like windows x linux, where the former is good and braindead enough out of box, but the latter being the superior one if you're autistic enough to waste your like tinkering with it all day

*waste your life

It's good, the only issue is that zoomers are heading towards streaming services instead of supporting projects like this for more plugins etc.

man i shit you not, wasted more time tinkering with windows trying to figure out headphones usb and printers than on linux
linux i plug it and it fucking works, at most one or two commands on the terminal from some random guys at the internet and done
games run much faster on linux too im surprised

>uses a version of libflac with a code execution exploit
Yeah I'm thinking it's dead, wintardbros.

private trackers or maybe soulseek? nobody cares about music on public trackers, and there are no music sharing blogs anymore

so it seems gaben was right about piracy being a service problem

musicbee

Cmus

i don't care about quality that much since i use shitty headphones that came with my phone but you can pirate the full version of a program that downloads songs from spotify, it's called sidify music converter or something. I also messed with some files to make both the pc and mobile app function like the paid version (apart from downloading which can be fixed by adding the music you downloaded with sidify as local files and it'll download automatically to all of your devices)

For me it's mpxplay.

Attached: 1658867221267934.png (917x1143, 644.16K)

just search on youtube and use youtube-dl -x

there's nothing to fucking learn user. You start it and play a song, what is the matter with you?

>piracy being a service problem
Also the industry putting out only shitty music that nobody actually wants to listen to helps.
I'm so old that I remember rock music and eminem making fun of faggots instead of being one.

Attached: upscale-243683274001212.png (430x474, 358.6K)

im 35 i remember all of that too pal does not change the fact streamer services mostly killed the availability of music to pirate unless you want to go with a private tracker of course

For me, I just go to Amazon and buy the three albums actually worth purchasing a year and, if I'm lucky, they'll include autorip. Otherwise, TPB still works fine.
Lots of 30+ year old boomers already downloaded every single album they ever wanted over a decade ago. At this point, I'm surprised when zoomers even know how to use an actual computer.

I started using Soulseek recently, there are some folks sharing mind-boggling collections.

Attached: Soulseek.png (1876x914, 288.63K)