Why does Any Forums hate clear panels and RGB? Hard mode: you can't say "Reddit", "Tranny", or a variation thereof

Why does Any Forums hate clear panels and RGB? Hard mode: you can't say "Reddit", "Tranny", or a variation thereof.

Attached: 2019-11-19-15.46.42-scaled.jpg (2560x1920, 602.76K)

my desktop sits on the floor. I already have RGB light bulbs. I don't need more colours spinning around.

seems kind of useless. I'm literally staring at this screen not my case.

pc goes on the floor
computer guts are ugly
I didn't spend my live savings on a video card I don't need to look at it.

Its unnecessary ricer garbage.

dont need fancy gay lights to illuminate hardware or glass side panels to look at dust inside the machine

Aesthetics over function, garish aesthetics at that. Furthermore it's nonsensical. If you want to show off the components then don't bathe them in a stream of flashing colors. If you want a light show then why obstruct it with glass?

Fair
>computer guts are ugly
I disagree but to each his own.
Some people have fun doing unnecessary things
Good point. I'm told it requires more upkeep to look good.

It's useless because my computer will be sitting on the floor anyway. Actually, worse than useless because with a window I'd need to think about how the components look instead of just optimizing for performance. The window can break into a thousand pieces and you'll have glass everywhere, so that's another thing to think about when working on the PC.
In addition, it signifies a normie mentality of form over function. The important thing about a computer is what useful things you can achieve with it, not what it looks like. May as well go to the computer store and pick the most colorful laptop without looking at specs then install extra animations on it.
Finally, despite the computer being optimized for aesthetics, the aesthetics aren't even good. It's the kind of ultra kitschy shit I used to find appealing when I was 12 years old.

>In addition, it signifies a normie mentality of form over function. The important thing about a computer is what useful things you can achieve with it, not what it looks like.
Can't a computer have both form AND function?

-Much easier to damage a glass or plastic window than a metal panel. Also, I can have a ventilation grill or fan mount on a metal panel.
-Decorative lights are distracting. Even without a glass panel, you can still light coming out from the fan vents.

It's gay.

Sure, but only if it's verified that in making the form you don't sacrifice function and reliability.

Since PC manufacturers operate like a black box that cannot be verified

Typically RGB shit has neither.

I leave mine on at all night to work. If I had LEDs, they'd be off nearly all the time, considering that I'd most likely forget to turn them back on.

It's a cost with no value, easy choice.

Failed hardmode: variation of tranny
Verdict: Return to Any Forums and cunsoom

Because they cost extra money and most of Any Forums are wagies can't afford to spend an extra $50 for rbg fans or for the rbg case upgrade. I honestly don't care for rbgs either, I'm more of a sff kind of guy, and rgb doesn't really fit into sff as much.

Doesn't that mean you also can't varify function for professional looking parts as well?

just don't like 'em

fragile, overpriced, gimmicky. i want a hard metal case that can survive being on/under my desk for more than 30 minutes
also, reddit trannies or something

I don't want to waste time, money, energy on something I will never see nor care all too much for. Some might and so be it, I won't.

Somewhat
Without fancy decorations that does at least signify that no part of the budget of that component when into useless nonsense and that all the costs has gone purely into functional components, assembly and engineering. There is still the issue that the costs of a board doesn't have to correlate to what you actually pay.
There is some instances where you can make 1:1 comparisons, MSI does this thing where they'll make a "Pro" version of a motherboard and then a gaymer version of the same model number and the gamer version with lights and additional "armor" will be $20-30 more.

Would still be nice to have some transparency.

it's called cable management you mongoloid