Just bricked my router trying to install openWRT

just bricked my router trying to install openWRT
I did everything exactly as they wanted and now none of 3-4 debricking methods work

Attached: 1628210293070.jpg (299x169, 5.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/td-w8970_v1#restore_tp-link_fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1658023760416.jpg (666x666, 49.73K)

ok retard, i'll spoonfeed you.
what model?

Not my problem.

Faggot.

Attached: 1657286287949-01.jpg (897x639, 589.38K)

>I did everything exactly as they wanted
Apparently not.

tp link td 8970
I tried everything except soldering connectors for serial console or UART or JTAG or whatever is it called

I analysed every step before I even bought the device, I triple checked every command and their arguments, I cross-referenced every piece of information from wiki and forums

>tp link td 8970
what revision? v1 or v3? v3 is a broadcum chipset that doesnt have support
>I tried everything except soldering connectors for serial console or UART or JTAG or whatever is it called
if you have a UART adapter, try that. it'll tell you everything you neet to know about your fuckup

v1.2
yes I know
>UART
I don't even have a memduino or raspbery, let alone UART connectors

then get a chink FT232 adapter, solder some pins on and get a boot log. it will tell you exactly what's wrong. if the u-boot partition (mtd0) is unmolested you'll be able to manually flash it over serial.
doing *wrt shit without a serial adapter is impossible pretty much. its like trying to use a headless server without access to the console, you're bound to fuck it up and need the console someday.

>doing *wrt shit without a serial adapter is impossible pretty much
I was sold when I saw it's "possible" to flash it over the ethernet wire
>mtd0 unmolested
I just wrote to /dev/mtdblock1 and /dev/mtdblock2 like instructions said
now even what was supposed to survive flashing, some additional recovery partition, is unavailable

why are you using retarded consoomer-grade chinkshit in the first place?

>"possible" to flash it over the ethernet wire
it is, but running it long-term is bound to have fuckups, like if you disable wifi and all the ethernet ports somehow. you'll need the console someday, i'm telling you
>now even what was supposed to survive flashing, some additional recovery partition, is unavailable
there is no recovery partition

what should i buy user

some $99,999 larper shit that runs x86 with 50W TDP

cause I expected it to be a side leisure-time project therefore didn't want to commit more financial funds to it, as it turned out my reluctance merited
okay, let's say I just bought a ft232

you can buy an entry-level enterprise router for less than $100 you disgusting poorfag lmao

>okay, let's say I just bought a ft232
connect like picrel, then follow this openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/td-w8970_v1#restore_tp-link_fw
be extremely careful not to erase flash (sf erase ...) below 0x20000, that will fuck up U-Boot and require more tools and soldering to debrick.

>picrel
god fucking damn it

Attached: diagram.png (567x281, 372.72K)

>he fell for the OpenHRT meme
lmao network trannies seething
should've just bought a real router kid