Based Jetbrains IDEs now running on JRE17 which means you can enable ZGC (add -XX:+UseZGC in vm options) which makes...

Based Jetbrains IDEs now running on JRE17 which means you can enable ZGC (add -XX:+UseZGC in vm options) which makes the IDE way more snappy and memory efficient.

Attached: 1637313968662.jpg (400x400, 13.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openjdk.org/jeps/346
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thanks for the tip, i'll try it out tomorrow

Do they also use Proactive and Uncommit mode so that it returns deallocated memory back to the OS? Truly unbelievable this is a feature you must actively be enabling in Java, piece of shit programming language.

Thanks, but I'm still going to use GNU Emacs.

>Do they also use Proactive and Uncommit mode so that it returns deallocated memory back to the OS?
Yes ZGC does that.

Ah, thank god. Really however designed that fixed heap design in Java should be burned, single-handedly the worst aspect about this programming language.

How's the new native compilation feature? I was meaning to try it out but I never did because Emacs is plenty fast for me despite still running Ivy Bridge.

>ZGC
>memory efficient
ZGC isn't

Attached: .png (5416x3308, 479.21K)

>How's the new native compilation feature? I was meaning to try it out but I never did because Emacs is plenty fast for me despite still running Ivy Bridge.
People say there's a difference, but I've not noticed any in my work. The same's true for the JSON improvements (libjansson). Both before and after the changes, Emacs is either plenty fast or rarely—and invariably because of a dodgy package—everything is blocked.

>update intellij
>now it doesn't understand my project or how to compile it anymore
>the solution is either waiting for it to slowly rebuild indices or resetting it to defaults
>neither is guaranteed to work
>mfw

Attached: tohru-gif-9.gif (498x280, 1.03M)

this hasn't been true for years, update your talking points:
openjdk.org/jeps/346

Things that were slow are still slow bit it helps a bit. Together with the -march=native -flto -Ofast -fno-finite-math-only compile flags it makes a good difference. The pgtk branch is also worth checking out if you're on Wayland

Meant to reply to

>Have 64GB ram
>Care about memory
Lol!

Imagine paying for an IDE in 2022. A monthly or yearly subscription at that.

Attached: Subscription-Business-Model.png (820x312, 79.69K)

nobody actually pays for Jetbrains, we all use our employer-provided licenses.

Imagine needing a license to write computer programs.

found the seething NEET/poorfag

found the retarded nigger

I care about GC pauses.

>If it was this easy, we'd have enabled this by default. Unfortunately by far not all UI freezes in IntelliJ IDEA are caused by GC, and ZGC is not a wholesale performance improvement even for those scenarios which do depend on GC.

some of us have what we call "jobs" and don't have all hours of the day to autistically configure their vim setup like you do