Therapy doesn't do anything, it won't affect your mental health in any way, don't waste your time

therapy doesn't do anything, it won't affect your mental health in any way, don't waste your time

Attached: psychodynamic-therapy-what-is_1200W-800x500.jpg (800x500, 66.83K)

You probably got ripped off by some jew, pal

That boy needs therapy

Attached: avalanches.jpg (279x181, 5.69K)

Therapy is new age belief system. If you believe it works, it will. It's a placebo effect. Also venting to others DOES make you feel better. Therapist are just prostitutes but with words.

it's not supposed to make you feel better. it's supposed to address actual mental disorders you have.

and it doesn't fucking do that.

right, exactly

Most of your problems have to be fixed yourself the hard way
Therapy can help a little, but you are basically paying for someone to tell you how to help yourself

That's contradicting, by addressing actual mental issues you have it would make you better by proxy you fucking moron.

get a load of this one-dimensional retard

How am I being one dimensional when I said nothing incorrect? Go ahead, argue with me.I can't wait to hear the dumb shit you're going to reply with that'll end up just being meme posting once you get broken down.

my parenets have been going to therapy for many years and they're no different now than they ever were so obviously therapy isn't working for them

Funny how it's never people like your parents for not listening and yet some how dumb shits like you want to blame it on the other person.
Ever think your parents are just ignorant dumb fucks?

nah dude therapy just doesn't work, or at the very least, it doesn't accomplish its purported main goal, which is to treat mental disorders, because it doesn't actually do that

First of all, therapy isn't used to "treat" mental illness. Medication treats mental illness. Therapy is to find ways to (and I'm saying this literally) cope with the fact you have a mental illness, what it is, ways to address it and finding ways to make your life slightly less horrible.
Therapy isn't supposed to fix your life, it's supposed to make you realize that you're damaged and to find what the damage is and try to make it less horrible.
I feel like I'm conversing with a dumb arrogant child.

>I feel like I'm conversing with a dumb arrogant child.

it's called projection

Whoa, nice rebuttal after all I said. What a genius move, take one little thing at the end and tackle that but completely ignore 90% of the other shit I said.
And you wonder why your parents are miserable.

Try addressing cancer the same way.

The problem is a large part of the mental health profession thinks you can reprogram a brain with talk.

That might work for a short time but people revert to established behaviors. The only people therapy helps are people who don't have actual mental illness.

>The problem is a large part of the mental health profession thinks you can reprogram a brain with talk.
You have never been into therapy, that is not at all what they think.
>That might work for a short time but people revert to established behaviors. The only people therapy helps are people who don't have actual mental illness.
There's all sorts of forms of therapy.

So you're paying someone to tell you they can't help you and you should just get used to being broken.

It's a little more complex then that smooth brain.

Therapy is way for people to unburden themselves with another person without fear of judgement or having it affect their reputation. As simple as it sounds it is an amazingly effective process and has many benefits which enable you to move beyond a variety of issues.