Why cant computer programs be like this anymore? Fast, easy, no bullshit, no nonsense, straight functionality...

Why cant computer programs be like this anymore? Fast, easy, no bullshit, no nonsense, straight functionality, why want they?

A single example: installed a media player the other day, seemed OK, i stop the track and IT FUCKING FADED OUT? i dont want SHIT fading out i want a track to CUT IMMEDIATELY because im already done with it, why cant you nigger programmers implement such BASIC stuff?

Attached: download-winamp-freee.jpg (1105x1690, 534.18K)

Software gets worse at the same rate hardware gets better.

Why woukd anyone bother building native applications which can perform reasonably fast if they coukd just embed their site in a chrome instance?

With the way you're talking, I don't think you'll be satisfied with anything you don't make yourself.
For my part, I've found plenty of software that matches your description, they're just not talked about much because they don't have all the features more popular software has.

>Winamp may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-Personal Data for any purpose. Winamp may collect information such as language, zip code, area code, referrer URL, location so that Winamp can better understand user behaviour and improve its products and services. Winamp may collect and store details of how You use the Winamp Services.

>fixed band eq
into the trash it goes
>Why cant computer programs be like this anymore? Fast, easy, no bullshit, no nonsense, straight functionality, why want they?
sounds like a proprietranny problem
free-as-in-freedom software doesn't have this problem
enjoy your electron ui on windows i guess

Yep. just like any Google and Apple software product.

oh what the fuck, i thought winamp was based (luckily i don't use it though) but it turns out to be regular onionware
>Google and Apple software
why would you use either? use something that respects your freedom instead

>why

Privacy infringement complacency through obfuscation.
They can make things easy or hard, and do both only when it makes strategic sense to

new programmers don't know anything other than webshit

>winamp

we were all retards back then, me included, but could you at least post a pic of foobar next time?

>foobar
>not free
into the trash it goes

No one said you should. I'm just saying that they apply the same practices.

???

are you implying its not free?

yeah it's not free
i suppose you mean free-of-charge, which is not the same

could you please explain?

been using foobar2000 for a long time now, so i'm genuinely curious

foobar is too autistic in its plugin&theme ecosystem, it's a fucking gentoo experience.

>stop the track and IT FUCKING FADED OUT
Didn't Winamp have actually fade in / fade out?

use aimp retards

That was Ares built-in player

free has two meanings in english
free as in free beer - you can download it and use it free of charge
free as in freedom - you can download the source code, modify it and, depending on the license, sell it
foobar2k is freeware, because you can download and use it for free but not foss (free and open source), because you cannot access its source code
my language (polish) distinguishes between free as in free beer (darmowy) and free as in freedom (wolny)

it is proprietary, which means you can not see the source code and it is potentially malware
why would peter develop it for more than 15 years for free? he might be collecting and selling user data, which is the reason to be proprietary
else he would have published the code
all free-of-charge services are malware in some way, because if they weren't, they would have let the users see their source
they just make money off their users by
-collecting and selling usage/behavior data
-locking the users into an ecosystem with paid services
-making the users watch advertisements
-running crypto miners on customer machines
etc
software which is completely free lets you see the code, meaning they can not do anything sketchy against you to make profit
also you can modify and use parts of free software for your own projects, depending by license

GUI wise, people gave up on offline toolkits, let alone cross platform and customized ones, because is fucking hard to do it, so the bloated web tech stack won. Even Qt is slowly offering web capacities with QML.
Not only online/hosted first software is easier to do, it lets you control everything the user does and shift responsabilities to their side entirely if they want to run it ("we only support Chrome") instead of having to put effort into hardware requirements or OS compatibility.

i see. something similar happens in spanish; as you very well explained, free as in free beer (gratis) and free as in freedom (libre).
cheers for an excellent explanation fren