How the hell do people manage to use GNOME?

How the hell do people manage to use GNOME?
Imagine having to press key or bump to activity corner just to see list of windows and then have to hunt window that you want to switch, on every fucking window switch?
That sounds like hell for me that regularly have several VS Codes and browser windows open that I often switch between
Panel with task list is much more efficient, have list in front of me all the time that I can switch with one click
I'm dumbfounded that anyone is getting anything done on GNOME

Attached: wgo-splash-40-1536x819.png (1536x819, 387.65K)

>bump to activity corner just to see list of windows and then have to hunt window that you want to switch, on every fucking window switch?
As opposed to bumping down to taskbar and hunt for the window group and then hunt for the specific window you want from a mini overview?

no, that sounds like shit UX as well, I meant traditional task list in panel like pic related

Attached: Screenshot_2022-07-26_22-03-05.png (760x26, 5K)

don't use it then
99% of gnome users have one window open

That's not an overview. 2 Problems in this
1. Your horizontal space is not unlimited. The more clutter you grow the harder it becomes to find what you are looking for
2. What happens when there are two instances of the same app and send titlebar?

I HATE PRESS KEY

They either rice the fuck out of it or never use more than a web browser and a terminal/emacs window. It’s the standalone WM experience but it eats RAM, lags, crashes, breaks configs and fixes even more often, and your printer works the first time you plug it in maybe and yes, CDs and USBs automount.

Its a very linuxy desktop experience and I do NOT mean that as a comment
>how do i set the sorting method in nautilus instead of doing it folder by folder?
>that is an unstable and unsupported feature. if you need to ask you shouldn’t be doing it. t. gnome
Is it any wonder they get funding from microsoft?

They don't, which is why the only people who use it are programmers who work in a terminal and not people for whom desktop functionally actually matters. Everyone else who needs to switch between windows or otherwise navigate their desktops uses KDE (tiny number of tiling ricers notwithstanding).

And KDE is broken or unstable as often as gnome so eventually such users go to windows, or OS X if they’re autistic paranoid schizos and still want to tinker.

>And KDE is broken or unstable as often as gnome
translation: KDE is stable. Which is a lie.
People who grow past the ricing phase go back to GNOME.

I like Ubuntu's approach to GNOME.

Attached: ubuntu-20.04-desktop-screenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 267.63K)

>le krashes meme
KDE is routinely used by governments and school systems, not to mention fucking NASA. Reminds me of that >pic related quote: "There are languages people complain about, and then there are languages no-one uses". Same applies to DEs.

Attached: 1656624979212.jpg (2088x957, 244.71K)

linux as a whole is constantly broken

>why wifi cut out?
>you use proprietary driver
>didnt you test with it first?
>no we don’t prioritize supporting capitalist pigs if you want working wifi use something with open source drivers. we will fix it later. it’s almost not worth our time.
>who pays you guys?
>no one. how about YOU fix it? or intel fixes it since it would be easier with the drivers source code? fucking lazy corporate cuck fuck you kill yourself boot licking fascist. you are banned from the mailing list for being a magaturd.

Both are unstable. FFS gnome crashed three times in the first hour because i was using thunderbird. Then i installed evolution, gnome-keyring broke automatic login, and the input field for composing emails was missing.

NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO IN LINUX SOMETHING IS FUCKING BROKEN.

I can recommend the gnome extension "dash to panel"
I have to use Ubuntu at work and that extension makes it better

You can use a dock for that kind of behavior.
Yeah it takes some tweaking but it works better than the Windows task bar IMO.

Judging by the rampant 24/7 anti-GNOME shilling on Any Forums, it really does look like there are DEs that people use and complain about and there are DEs that people do not use.

> FFS gnome crashed three times in the first hour because i was using thunderbird.
Why would thunderbird crash GNOME? Is it leaking memory? Not a GNOME problem.
I personally use Evolution though I can't tell.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-26 15-01-34.png (1416x1066, 43.83K)

gnome is made by retards for retards and only retards use it

see

Also i’m using KDE now and some daemon called kded crashes at least once a week. I have no idea what it does because it keeps working despite that. And at first, it kept forgetting my mouse settings and then randomly decided it could save them. Basically equally bad but at least I didnt have to chose between a wayland session that crashed with my email client and a noticeably laggy X session, all while depending on 6 extensions that break every fucking update to have a UX that works efficiently with more than two windows. If KDE breaks again I am going back to i3 or using my windows drive full time again.

Meant to say "dash to panel like recommended.
Forgot what they called it nowadays and currently on Windows (I use Gnome for work and Windows at home because of vidya but prefer Gnome's UX)

I think it looks nice apart from the disgusting touch style application menu

I've used fucking MANJARO since 2015 and used KDE for most of the past 7 years and my experience, while not flawless, has been crash-free. You have a system problem, not a KDE problem.

Oh and I can also recommend arcmenu, combines good with this

>why would thunderbird crash gnome
They dont know or they would have fixed it
>i use evolution
Evolution had a fatal usability bug they blamed on webkit instead of themselves. With the workaround in place it was the laggiest, clunkiest piece of shit I had ever used. Then again I haven’t installed all 500gb of kmail.

You get what you pay for.

tablet ui, no tray icons and no thumbnails

>it’s no KDE’s fault kded keeps crashing you need to install moar distros
Lmao shitnux.

I never experienced any lag in Geary or Evolution.

1. Right, but 99.9% if time it's good enough
2. I don't remember that happening to me ever. Probably I don't use broken apps that don't properly update title.

>it eats RAM, lags, crashes, breaks configs
it does none of this retard
it is one of the most stable des, runs under 1gb for me, works very smoothly especially in 75+ fps, never crashes
what configs are you talking about? it doesn't break it's own or othed programs settings

GNOME extensions are just bandaid and they are often broken with new GNOME releases

>runs under 1gb for me
only if you aggressively strip the bloat, Fedora GNOME uses like 1.5GB on startup
and going barely under 1GB is still embarrassing, DE shouldn't use more than 500MB