Apple purposely fucked over the m2 air

Let's face it, the M1 air is the perfect casual laptop. At an entry level price, and with time, it's an amazing value proposition, we all know this, apple knows this, so they took measures to fuck over it.

The new design feels like a downgrade other than the screen (unless you hate the forehead then it's also a downgrade)

-worst speakers (less soundstage and treble). Now situated in the back in front of the screen instead of on each side of the keyboard

-worst ventilation, no heat pipe like the M1, and vents in the back are now covered by the speakers, the M2 chip literally cooks itself after a few seconds

-smaller trackpad than the M1 air, no logical reason for this other than forcing power users to buy the pro model if they want a bigger trackpad

And this is only the beginning, with time we'll get a better sense of their fuckery

TLDR: apple made the perfect entry level laptop with the M1, but now regret this decision since they want people to upgrade to the pros or higher end M2s

Attached: CMC_1580.jpg (1390x926, 138.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=friXv1qFyMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>be apple
>make new thing
>save money with shitty construction
>your customers buy it anyway because you are apple
yeah bro they fucked up bad

Oh yeah also forgot the slower ram compared to the M1 air KEK

Who cares? There's no such thing as a bad Apple product. It's still way better than those junky business crappads people on this board use.

>TLDR: apple made the perfect entry level laptop with the M1, but now regret this decision since they want people to upgrade to the pros or higher end M2s
Definitely. M1 Air goes beyond entry level anyway. It's amazing. And has all the great things a laptop should have as far as battery life, weight, form...

should i get m1 air or iphone 13 pro? i want it just for the music apps

Are itards so delusional from lying about the M1 for 2 years that they've convinced themselves the M2 is worse? This ought to be good.

why didn't they just keep the old design then?

they could have easily put the M2 in the old chassis like they did with the 13" MBP

i use my iphone 13 pro way more than my 16 inch macbook pro. go for the iphone. the battery life is insane

>entry level
>starts at 1250$

And just as you said, people buy it anyway.

They needed to put that notched screen in it, so people can no longer get away from it.

you're wrong though.
> magsafe
> M2 is faster than M1
> bigger and better screen
> better battery life
The only disadvantages are:
> 20% more expensive, M1 Air is actually a better deal
> slower SSD on base model

Neutral points:
> The whole overheating deal only happens in very unrealistic workloads, and even when it throttles it's still faster than the M1.

TLDR: M1 Air is a better deal, but M2 Air has the superior design and performance.

m2 has dramatically faster efficiency cores, so when you put it into low power mode it will still beat a dell XPS 13 plus but triple the battery life

I have the M1 air for lugging around campus taking notes, Writing papers typical casual Student Computing when you get to the dorm dock it use it as a proper desktop also sense it does not run any Gayems it keeps me forcefully on task

Peak comfy student computing

For docking i recommend the cheapest thing you can find at Wal-mart

Attached: Screen-Shot-2020-01-29-at-3.08.24-PM.png (1182x1098, 780.29K)

wrong

the base m2 is slower than the base m1 in some situations due to RAM and overheating lack of heatsink/pipe:

youtube.com/watch?v=friXv1qFyMY

Even the guy admitted there is extra space inside the chassis to fit a cooling strategy but they chose not too to save on cost and to claim it's lighter than the M1 air

Why does Any Forums suddenly have a hard on for macs. OK its fast, but its fast macOS. Who cares?

Black hands typed this.

Attached: 1658829179481090.jpg (474x266, 14.44K)

Whatever

new product out, duh

>deliberately make new product worse than old
How would this be a winning strategy at all?
Wouldn't the happy consumer keep using their M1 Air in that scenario? Wouldn't Apple have to improve something to sell a new laptop to "the guy who is perfectly happy with his M1 Air"