/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky: We're not your personal google search butler, at least try yourself before asking.

>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming & Web-dev >>>g/wdg
>Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server & Networking >Headphones & In-ears >Smartphones >Privacy & security How to find/activate any version of Windows: rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: theofficequestion.jpg (1600x1000, 138.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Controller-Keyboard-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B09699DMBS/ref=asc_df_B09699DMBS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=532798208307&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4071730903302908093&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061124&hvtargid=pla-1394627309945&psc=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Programming & Web-dev derp

can 3DMark be pirated and/or cracked? I got the free version on steam and dont wanna pay to unlock the other tests

If I'm trying to reduce the power consumption of my CPU, is lowering the TDP limit in the Bios the best method of accomplishing that?

I've already enabled AMD Cool and Quiet, it's a Ryzen 1600. I can set a TDP limit as well and lowered it to 45 watts. Will this accomplish the same thing as undervolting?

yes.
no.

Should I lower the TDP and undervolt to get the max effect?

how often do trackballs need cleaning for people without psoriasis/fungal infections

yes

How do I get 4K 60 FPS gameplay to look good on youtube? I cranked the bitrate up to 150 Mbps but there are still artifacts sometimes. Is Youtube just shit?

does seeding too many torrents make each torrent seed slower?

Yes, especially when seeding from an HDD, they can't handle lots of random activity.
Then there's internet bandwidth which can be saturated.

>cranked the bitrate up to 150 Mbps but there are still artifacts
The retarded bitrate is very likely to cause this. There is no need to go above 10 Mbit/s for 4k content.

Need a good VPS provider for encoding video. Or dedicated, but 99% of them have installation costs and don't bill by the hour, which are hard requirements.

My computer randomly switched to 800x600 resolution. Optimal is 1920x1080 but it won't switch; it just stays 800x600. No updates for graphics card yet. Should I reinstall my driver? Are there risks? How do I do it?

Is there a fast program to find duplicate images?
All the ones I find on GitHub are Python or Node and they're slow as shit.

Yes. No. DDU.
what do you mean "it wont switch" exactly? it wont let you change back to 1080p or what?

ccleaner

>The retarded bitrate is very likely to cause this. There is no need to go above 10 Mbit/s for 4k content.
youtube reccommended settings say otherwise

Attached: file.png (1527x1591, 209.51K)

It won't change back to 1080 even if I click it in settings. What's DDU?

Not sure if this is the right place. I have an xbox one controller that I use for my pc thats hooked to a tv when I want to play on my couch. If I want to type something I have to get up to go across the room to my keyboard or use Steam's big picture keyboard which is really slow.

I was wondering if it was feasible to hook up a chatpad to my controller or if it would even work at all with my windows 10 pc. Would I need a specific brand chatpad or reciever for it? Does anyone know or might be able to help me?
Was thinking about getting this amazon.com/Controller-Keyboard-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B09699DMBS/ref=asc_df_B09699DMBS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=532798208307&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4071730903302908093&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061124&hvtargid=pla-1394627309945&psc=1

Attached: 41gsaOxyRfL._AC_SY580_.jpg (461x467, 27.57K)

to be clear, you download the latest driver from your manufacturer's website so you have it, run DDU in safemode, disable windows auto-updating drivers in the same DDU window, remove drivers, reboot, install the drivers you downloaded.

if you're too stupid to get into safemode you run like above but after rebooting you run DDU again and remove drivers and reboot again before installing latest drivers.

>whats DDU
display driver uninstaller. get it from guru3d

19 y.o, I've been neeting around for the past 7 months after flunking out of college from a 4 month long psychotic episode. Thinking of going to a different university to start over and get my life back together. Any recommendations on jobs that won't get destroyed by ai automation within the next 4-5 years?

Attached: ngWbedbb9WVdKqyGb7QR6CseildWY7289k-L4hpfpVo.jpg (2000x1557, 279.29K)

What are you good at or like to do?

I was going to go into concept art/comics, but the future for that industry isn't looking too bright. At this point I'll just take anything that has 10+ years of stable employment