Are analog synthesizers already closed and done as a technology...

Are analog synthesizers already closed and done as a technology? Can we only expect audio synthesis to keep growing only in the digital domain?

Attached: korg-ms-20-309.jpg (1579x828, 396.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/monark/
youtube.com/watch?v=D2HjalhCEk0
youtube.com/watch?v=uFA_B6pP9AA
youtube.com/watch?v=Xf6epKP2AR4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just use samples

thats the stupidest shit ive read here

fpbp

>Are analog synthesizers already closed and done as a technology?
happened 40 years ago. this is why sampling, fm synthesis, wavetable etc. became immensely popular, mostly when the technology got cheaper.

>Can we only expect audio synthesis to keep growing only in the digital domain?
we've been in the digital domain for the best part of four decades. it's our past, present and future.

your end product will be digital samples anyway

this user is right. unless there's something unique about the analogue hardware you're using, its sound - something that can't be done in the digital domain via simulation or emulation, then nobody is going to know if you used analogue gear, a vst plugin or digital synthesiser that mimics analogue gear. 9/10 times nobody gives a fuck.

if anything novel was being done it would be in the modular scene, but most of the innovative recent modules in any format have been digital, the majority of the analog stuff is just newer versions of the same stuff from the 70s

Ask here

Monark?

native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/monark/

Attached: img-ce-monark_intro_2x-ab197250b531383c8ad2314415f3ed74-d.jpg (795x317, 43.73K)

I think more people should be introduced to analog, but we don't need a huge surplus of consumer-grade products to flood the market. Only a tiny fraction of the synth-enthusiast world has a conception of the pragmatic, performative differences of the two technologies, and nearly none of them will be exploiting the edge cases where analog BTFOs digital. Digital is just convenient and economic, and will probably remaining so for a long time.

What people got out of analog synths was incredible but emulators are much more practical:
Easy to sync
Don't go out of tune constantly
Don't need to be an octopus to play them

Nah, there's whole communities on youtube of people who collect analog synths and eurorack, it''s not really going anywhere. If anything there is demand for throwback synths from companies like Behringer.

As a technology? I mean, you take a clean sine signal and you modify it until it drives a speaker to make the noise you want. Fundamentally solved.

As an art form? Hell no. Nothing's going to beat a wall-sized modular synth for sound design, because nothing is going to get you that close to directly shaping the sounds you're making. With a little EE & AE knowledge you can throw together your own modules, and so long as they're competently built with a good face plate you could even sell them. The market for niche modules is a thing, thanks to people like Andrew Huang who really want to have a fundamentally unique sound palette for their music.

Behold the sparkle machine: youtube.com/watch?v=D2HjalhCEk0

i think a lot of the appeal is in the ability to tweak your sounds without looking at a screen. software is really close to analogue for a fraction of the price youtube.com/watch?v=uFA_B6pP9AA

\thread

I think a synth with oscillators that evolve and become more complex with age would be cool.

Nobody ever can actually explain why analogue synth are better than digital.
And analogue synths are way more popular today than ever before, it's just moved to modular/eurorack domain instead of big named companies as before.
If you really just wish to get yourself good quality analogue synth get yourself a rack

FM and LA are better
youtube.com/watch?v=Xf6epKP2AR4

I'm actually working on this right now
both a digital implementation and analog implementation

You are even more retarded than I thought.
He mentioned only samples, which makes it different from what you posted you dumbfuck.