I don't understand people who aren't interested in cars outlook

I don't understand people who aren't interested in cars outlook.

So 90s and 80s cars are too old.

But 70s and older cars aren't too old? But they wouldn't own one either?

What?

Attached: images - 2022-05-25T205640.250.jpg (500x328, 34.49K)

Pic related is probably the sweet spot. Not too computerised or so complicated a home mechanic couldn't easily maintain.

Attached: 1653554014146.jpg (2048x2010, 1.17M)

Yes but most people not interested in cars would just think this is some cheap old shit box.

It depends. Each era has specific categories of cars people find most desirable

For the 1970s, people love American muscle cars because thats when they were seen as these purely utilitarian industrial beasts. People looking for cars from the 1990s generally look for Japanese cars because they have are seen as very tightly built and efficient road cars built like appliances with interiors built like the inside of a cheap airplane. Different levels of utilitarianism. Generally speaking I think cars from a particular era that tried too hard to be "quirky" generally don't age as well. People appreciate functional, transparent machines

Attached: 1996-Honda-Civic-FrontSide_HOCIVSEDEX964_506x364.jpg (506x364, 47.65K)

more or less the way of thinking is that 90s, and to some waning degree 80s cars are pretty much just old shitboxes, and normies assume that the only reason you have one is that you're too poor to afford something more recent.
There's still plenty of these around in conditions ranging from absolutely miserable to excellent, but people only see the miserable shitheaps.
Now those 70s cars have long been out of that phase. There's much fewer left, the miserable shitheaps have long been scrapped. Most of these are in a very presentable condition and being kept that way with considerable efford. Most also aren't being used as their owner's main mode of transportation. They are seen as vanity items, a very expensive toy that many could hardly afford.

People love anything 70s.

There's hardly any 80s or 90s cars on the road anymore.

Go outside and tell me how many cars made after 2000 you see?

Even cars made after in the early 2000s are uncommon.

more or less the way of thinking is that 90s, and to some waning degree 80s cars are pretty much just old shitboxes, and normies assume that the only reason you have one is that you're too poor to afford something more recent.

Yes but why do they think that when it's wrong?

>Most also aren't being used as their owner's main mode of transportation. They are seen as vanity items, a very expensive toy that many could hardly afford

Which is the same as many 80s or 90s cars now.

Attached: images - 2022-05-26T193444.350.jpg (480x360, 32.42K)

True for 80s cars, but there's still some from the 90's left.
For the 80's ones, the shitboxes are still in living memory, the 90s ones are usually beaten to fuck.
They don't form a majority on the road anymore, but definitely stick out as the worst rustbuckets right now.

Normies don't give a fuck about cars. They don't care how that was actually a kind of cool car, all they see is that it's kinda old and they've seen those every once in a while in the last years. It takes about a decade until normies realize a model is gone from practical use, hence why some 80's models aren't yet accepted as a classic by them (see W124, also since there's still enough from the 90s left in typical 28yo condition)

80s yes, 90s only for the nice models. They don't see the nice models. They see the rusty Ibiza with no exhaust blowing smoke over there on the crossing. Doesn't matter that they last saw that one two years ago either.

Hardly any 90$ left if you pay attention.

Even early 2000s cars are pretty uncommon now.

Go outside and walk up and down your street.

Go into your work parking lot.

See how many cars there are from the 90s... Likely zero... Maybe 1 or 2 If you are lucky.

Might be regional differences, but they still make around 10% of cars around here.
Sure it's not much, but they stick out. And half of them not in a good way.

Go have an actual look.
Where do you live?
If you don't want to go outside look on street view.

Did you do it?

Were you surprised?

I had a look around New Jersey On street view and didn't see 90s cars on any of the 4 streets I looked at.

I go outside every day user, and I'm a carguy. I enjoy seeing those and know that in the first 50m I'll run into a desolate MK2 Golf, an almost pristine MK3 Golf, a clean '91 Civic, a ratty '96 Civic and a vanalized early W202.
Local workshop also has some more or less decent 90s shitboxes waiting for repair right now. There's usually one more W202 around in decent condition but doesn't appear to live here. Also a Corsa B and a Vectra B.
I'm from western germany, but there's a major university near me, so some cheap old cars still around.

And I forgot the nicest one, a late A124 200E in the same color as my C124.

A masterpiece

Attached: tumblr_oqqdip5cpd1sqorteo2_540.jpg (540x358, 22.72K)

I like my car

Attached: 20220524_214321.jpg (3219x1845, 1.14M)

The oldest car I own is over 90 years old. A '29 Ford Model A. She runs exactly the same as she did back in 1929, that is to say that it runs like a rough dirty tractor that just happens to have extra gears for more speed. The old 4 banger Ford engines were fairly low compression so not a whole lot actually goes wrong with them. I did end up having to replace the starter and distributor but those are common replacement parts. And obviously a modern battery is 12v but these cars were made for 6v, doesn't matter all too much except the klaxon horn is now the wrong pitch

Attached: 270px-1928-ford-archives.jpg (270x180, 15.73K)