Ferrocene Language Specification

it's here

ferrous-systems.com/blog/the-ferrocene-language-specification-is-here/
spec.ferrocene.dev/
github.com/ferrocene/specification

>The Ferrocene Language Specification (FLS) is a document describing the Rust language. It was created by a joint effort between Ferrous Systems and AdaCore as one of the prerequisites for qualifying Ferrocene, a Rust toolchain qualified for safety-critical environments. The FLS is compiled of existing Rust documentation, but presented with a rigorous structure in order to meet the requirements of qualification.

Attached: AdaCore-Ferrous-Rust-social.jpg (1200x630, 73.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

perf.rust-lang.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We won WE WON IT'S OVER BRUCE GET THE FUCK IN HERE WE'RE HAVING A RAPE PARTY

about fucking time
>RAPE PARTY
are pigs invited?

Attached: Muhammed_Anal.png (182x252, 54.09K)

C bros... not like this.

Damn straight

Attached: 3b0f.png (833x582, 138.07K)

Rustbros, I think we might be winning too hard.

what does this mean?

It means Rust after specification can/will be used in mission critical systems like aircrafts, railways, rockets etc.

>AdaCore
Lmao, where are the "learn Ada" shills now?

so?
honestly the only reason i try to avoid rust is because rust projects compile very slowly, but the language itself doesn't seem bad. if it's this popular it must be doing something right, right?

>tfw using Rust to generate my k8s configs, CRDs, etc.
It's over. Rust has probably the best IDE like tooling and a type system that isn't complete aids.
Rust won.

It's been doing well the ladt 3 years. Companies are also experimenting with it. It's shilled here a lot. I'm learning it and the best part is the compiler which is very friendly unlike some other languages. The compile times are definitely horrendus but that's what you get for being memory safe I guess.

the compile times are mainly LLVM linking. the memory safe and type checking takes almost no time

>but that's what you get for being memory safe I guess
That's what you get for having an inefficient compiler. Nothing about memory safety implies long compile times, rustc and LLVM are just slow. There is performance work going on, but it's not a focus. The Rust team will still gladly ship a slower compiler from one release to the next, which is a big mistake imo, even if it's justified by adding more ((features)).

Yeah pigs are involved because the cniles are on the recieving end XAXAXAXXA

>The Rust team will still gladly ship a slower compiler from one release to the next, which is a big mistake imo, even if it's justified by adding more ((features)).
they track performance and are usually able to win things back, but they focus first on correctness and soundness. perf tends to come back even if sometimes it's slower from stable to stable. the compiler has gotten faster over time on the whole
perf.rust-lang.org/

Attached: 1_rHUMs6O9om6_zzUBmbFHLg.png (398x298, 101.68K)

can't believe bruce is missing this

AdaCore isn't Ada. It's just a proprietary distribution of Ada

This is not formal proof though

rustbros how do we stop winning this hard? you wouldn't want to let all those security researchers without income