Why is the world of RSS such a dumpster fire?

Like why is it so hard to just have a simple browser extension or desktop application that just pulls rss feeds and shows them? Why do they all have like some web site behind them and you need an account and shit? This seems like this should be super simple, but anything like what i want looks like it was discontinued years ago. Wtf?

Attached: rss-icon.png (1024x1024, 46.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/livemarks/
apps.kde.org/akregator/
invent.kde.org/pim/akregator
github.com/Xyrio/RSSOwlnix/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They want you to have ads.

qBittorrent RSS reader just works.

Works on my machine

feedbro just works as well
rss readers don't need constant updates, there really isn't much to update

>why is this thing that isn't?
it's not. what's the problem? rss is WAY better than going to a fucking dumb website. gives me exactly what i want and ONLY what i want

They also haven't gotten any updates since 2010, the bitrot is setting in.

What I do is I use the Livemarks Firefox addon and then use the bookmarks sidebar to manage my feeds. It's very simple and works.

>desktop application that just pulls rss feeds and shows them?
Huh, quiteRSS?

QuiteRSS
RSSOwl
NewsBoat

Are all reliable and straightforward. Feeder is the way to go on Android. None of these require accounts or hosting a service.

Ok, what reader do you use?

imagine getting filtered by RSS. FUCKING state of Any Forums.

faggot.

Attached: 2n8ndr.jpg (250x203, 8.36K)

>Why do they all have like some web site behind them and you need an account and shit?
Bitch are you dumb, stupid, or dumb?

See:
Every single one of these works without accounts and other unnecessary bullshit.

I use Akregator. No nonsense, just a sleek, straightforward RSS reader experience.

apps.kde.org/akregator/

invent.kde.org/pim/akregator

Attached: Kontact-akregator_01.png (1200x737, 348.46K)

READ YOUR OWN THREAD

Quiterss crashes, probably from having too many rss feeds. What's worse is i try to categorize them and it will randomly crash midway through and all my categorization will be lost.

Rssowl doesn't even work on windows for me, it crashes on launch, I'm reading it's not maintained anymore either

Any other good desktop rss readers? Ideally I don't want to use a browser to manage them

The latest RSSOwl fork should work fine on modern Windows: github.com/Xyrio/RSSOwlnix/releases

Just make sure you use the correct architecture and have Java installed. How many feeds do you have? I subscribe to around 80 and everything runs fine in QuiteRSS.

pah. i simply employ a small west asian boy to read me the newspaper while breaking my fast

does he do the extra bit with the buggery and the biscuit? now that's a morning!

there are dozens of client only readers on every platform
people like having an account/server to sync because a lot of them are orphans from google reader

Attached: 1564688444348.gif (245x196, 1.77M)