Am I the only one who finds it rather odd that every single mass shooting is carried out by an AR-15...

Am I the only one who finds it rather odd that every single mass shooting is carried out by an AR-15? There are thousands of different models of firearms out there, many of them are even chambered in the same 5.56 NATO caliber. So what exactly is it about the AR-15 specifically that attracts mass shooters? Do you think we'd see an appreciable difference in mass shootings if we just got rid of the AR-15 and nothing else?

Attached: lwrc-ICA5R5B16-001-pop__68079.1522283744.jpg (1280x1280, 139.01K)

C I A

The feds are it work

This is the exact same thing as an AR-15. But it's wood, so it's not scary or in the banning convo.

People are retards.

Attached: 181-15721-2.jpg (1200x412, 317.98K)

Because these basement dweller shooters like scary aesthetics of the black rifles.

Am I the only one who finds it rather odd that every single bludgeon killing is carried out by a baseball bat? There are thousands of different blunt objects out there, many of them are even made of similar wood materials. So what exactly is it about the baseball bat specifically that attracts bludgeon murderers? Do you think we'd see an appreciable difference in blunt-force trauma killings if we just got rid of the baseball bats and nothing else?

Attached: istockphoto-462258845-1024x1024.jpg (1024x668, 47.58K)

for the sake of argument, lets say these shootings really are being carried out by lone actors, why is it always the AR-15? Or maybe it really is the feds, why do they always go for the same rifle? Its odd to me. There is absolutely nothing inherently special about this gun. In my experience they are video game levels of accurate, but so are a lot of other guns.

Most politicians who want to ban guns know nothing about them
There's a quote from Biden where he told a lady to just buy a shotgun if she needs to defend her house

Because this is the specific gun they want banned.

The AR15 is the American luger. And they are ridiculously cheap; anyone can get a shitty ar15 for under 300$
If you're serious about going psycho then you will probably want a platform that allows you to buy cheap ass equipment since you're a psycho with limited cash...

The largest death toll of a school shooting was committed with two pistols, people seem to forget that.

>There's a quote from Biden where he told a lady to just buy a shotgun if she needs to defend her house
...that honestly sounds fairly sensible though. Shotguns are great for home defense, especially loaded with buck. Only issue I have with shotties is the higher risk of collateral damage to pellet spread but generally speaking its still less of a risk vs handgun calibers that can easilly penetrate drywall

Shotguns are infinitely better for home defense

It's the most popular and affordable rifle in the US that's why.

Recoil would BTFO her

In a tight house you DONT want collateral damage. Wtf u shoot buck it spreads and u hit your daughter

ridiculous, there are other weapon platforms just as cheap with comparable effectiveness. Why don't we see more shootings with hi-point carbines then?

Ar15s or similar are ideal for home defense. Ar15s pistols with hollow point 223/556 are what you want. No through penetration, easy aim, precise, no collateral damage.

No. That's fucking stupid logic.
That's like saying "well, the Honda Accord is the most popular passenger car on the road, we'd eliminate car accidents if we just got rid of it."

>There's a quote from Biden where he told a lady to just buy a shotgun if she needs to defend her house
Biden said to get a 2 barrel shotgun, fire once in the air and once at the ground.
Seriously he said that.

Hammer is actually #1 for bludgeoning deaths.

Claw end or flat end?

What if its the opposite, and people who want to ban the AR-15 know exactly what they're doing? Think about this for a second, if we focus blame on a single, specific firearm model, that shifts the debate away from compromising the second amendment and towards just banning a specific rifle. Would you rather just ARs being taken off shelves or all guns being taken off shelves? Notice how everyone protesting for more firearm restrictions are only focusing on ARs. Maybe politicians know they can't stop mass shooting or stop Americans from owning guns, but they CAN change the optics of mass shootings by getting rid of "assult rifles" instead. Trust the plan