What's Any Forums's verdict?

What's Any Forums's verdict?

Attached: 1635926505865.png (980x551, 116.79K)

ITODDLERS BTFO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's shit. Tiny performance upgrade that comes with massive heat and throttling issues. Save your money and buy M1 or wait for M3.

Waste of

Attached: sand.jpg (640x640, 82.94K)

You should suck my cock

Attached: 1658660120826320.jpg (465x430, 57.4K)

Marginally better than M1

how is it faster than 5.5ghz alder lake at 3.5ghz
does it really have 1.6x the IPC?

Attached: 1658847938778.jpg (871x1067, 183.63K)

One of the examples where buying first gen was a good decision.

Those crafty taiwanese couldn't pull off the next node in time. And apple lost a lot of engineers to silicon startups. So M2 has the same CPU design just clocked up a little. New GPU cores are good but without the node shrink it uses a lot of power. Don't upgrade if you already have M1.

It's almost like the node was the only reason M1 was ever competitive

It's not bad, it's just not a meaningful upgrade to the M1.

apple designs were always good. But now instead of being 1 "gen" ahead in perf/watt, they are like 0.5 ahead.

Unironically mogged by M1. Now that was a great device.

dyuud my heckin AMD gui hyperturboboosted 8K AI enhanced quantum boosted computer is better than that crap

Didn't move the needle appreciably over M1, and blew out die space and transistor budget on the same TSMC N5 node to add more GPU cores for very small gains. Better to wait for M3 and is very likely to be beat on a same node basis with N5 when AMD Ryzen 7000 mobile releases next year.

Yes and no. It's mostly down to the ridiculous amount of cache that it has and that IPC doesn't scale linearly. Alder lake at 3.5GHz would probably be ~10-15% slower than it is at 5.5GHz.

You sound smart. Let's say I want to buy a MB right now. Should I get the M2 Air or a 14 inch M1 MPB?

Seems worthwhile in a mac mini

can't really say much about gen 2 until the m2 pro variant drops

this.
It's useless turbo speeds, which unironically kills efficiency.

Not him, but if I were you I'd go for the M1.

Even base 14 pro is faster than the M2. I quite like mine, only weird choice are the sharp vents.