I'm going to tell you the truth Any Forums, even if it hurts

I'm going to tell you the truth Any Forums, even if it hurts.

If you're American, you just need to get used to living in an armed society.

Your idea that the American populace can be disarmed is a fantasy. We have more guns than people in this country. Even an outright ban and demand to surrender arms will be met with mass noncompliance. There is literally nothing you can do. Any solution we devise to curb gun violence will have to account for the fact that we live in an armed society, and nothing will change that.

Attached: 1652872227570.png (1126x685, 430.52K)

Not reading that.

Why should we be ok with this

It doesn't matter if you like it or not, there's nothing you can do about it

because jesus told us to be cool

I get it, you're still emotional and not ready to face reason. You will eventually though

harder to get a driving license than buy a gun
this is why americans will keep failing

Maybe you should read the post before replying

Bump

Based and 'pilled.

/thread

I own many firearms. But I speak for many Americans when I say that some people should not have access to guns. I don't care if you're a 2A Purist or an anti-gun extremist, we can ALL agree that psychopaths shouldn't have access to AR-15s The only way we differ from eachother is how we plan on enforcing it.

I think California has sensible gun laws. They're still accessible enough that firearm enthusiasts can get as many as they want and in many different configurations, but made just complicated enough that a mentally unhinged 18 year old can't just walk out of a gun store with two of them on their birthday.
I like owning and collecting firearms, its a fun hobby with a lot of history. I don't want to see America become as cucked as places like Australia in terms of firearm ownership. But the only way you can have your cake and eat it too is some level of moderation. People fear the slippery slope. Thats the main issue with talking about this.

Attached: AR-15 pict..jpg (400x300, 33.55K)

Kids dying in school it's OK because muh guns. Alright.

No one said that, the simple fact is you're going to have a to find a solution that acknowledges the fact that there are too many guns already in circulation to control

My point is the only way to curb gun violence through gun control would require extreme measures in the US given the prevalence of firearm ownership. And those extreme measures would be impossible to enforce or be effective

so lets not do anything, because doing things is hard?
americans are so lazy they create threads just to say this in five different costumes. and think they are insightful deep thinkers and philosophers for this pearl of wisdom.

For your next reply I challenge you not to use a straw man. No one said that. The solutions we find just be beyond gun control as disarming the populace is futile

Didn't Australia have a buyback program and the return rate was abysmal?

Americans are cowards
The moment daddy government says you should hand out your guns you'll hand out

Right.
Even if 99 percent of registered gun owners gave up arms you would have the 1% "from my cold dead hands" mfers. Guess how many that is..., like 6 million people. Could you imagine the government trying to enforce that. Can you imagine the sustained casualty rate if the government tried to roll on all of them.
The government wouldnt use bombs or drones to kill people who were non compliant either. (they wouldnt, there'd be such a large backlash for waging a war on your own people, it would brutalize the career of any politician attached to it).

But it won't even come to that. People will just hide their weapons. The government would have to go door to door which would be extraordinarily dangerous and require an unrealistic amount of manpower and resources

Its mass shooting season though and it only seems to roll around every election year.
That way politicians can take stances against it of for it, and get all the retards who follow their campaigns to give them money and keep them relevant.
They will then steal this money.
Then people will stop talking about the issue following elections.
This is America. If problems are solved politicians cant commit graft on them. It is unprofitable for things to be resolved. Thats why we are still talking about guns and healthcare and fuckall will be done with either.

Verification not required

Exactly, and we have more guns here than Australia ever did

Can't argue with that

Your math skills leave much to be desired.

Agreed. But these retards dont see this reality.