I told my female therapist that I specially requested a female therapist so I can work on talking to women without...

I told my female therapist that I specially requested a female therapist so I can work on talking to women without being socially awkward and shy. She seemed really uncomfortable and now I am too. It was such an awkward 45 minutes and I thought that at any minute she was gonna say she had to leave for a family emergency or something. I thought you were able to tell therapists anything without being judged? I don’t think therapy is for me

Attached: B8E84367-959C-4BA6-B977-98C9686FE45F.jpg (250x213, 6.7K)

Sounds like a shitty therapist. Your actions are perfectly understandable, maybe try a different female

Seems fair to me. Must of been something else

Get a new therapist and leave her a terrible review

incel

Most schools for psychology are indoctrinating students with extremist left wing ideology. It’s very likely that girl doesn’t understand anything about life or hardships what so ever (especially from a mans perspective) and just got a degree. Time to find a new one.

Time out chief. That’s why I’m going to therapy in the first place. So I can eventually have sex with a female and I made that very clear to my therapist who shouldn’t be judging me.

Psychology and cunnilingus brought us here.

Did he say he hated women?
No, he didn't. You fucking faggot.

cope

You can't tell a therapist everything man.

Tell her this

The part that probably made it awkward was when you had your dick out while saying it

Therapy is a bit of a scam.
Sure, being able to talk to someone who can help work through your problems can help but if therapy were legit? It'd be a lot like going to a doctor to treat a broken bone, y'know. You don't have to "find the right doctor" to get a broken bone set. Either the doctor knows how to do it or they don't. The primary reason why "finding the right therapist" is a thing is because most of it's just woo.

If you struggle to talk to people then any experience is better than none, but what you might need is a speech coach.

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 63.01K)

Don't worry you didn't do anything wrong

What's a speech coach going to do?

M8E here let me help, this worked for me TREMENDOUSLY well

1: Start doing small talk with guys when you’re at the shop, eg. Cashier. “Hey man has today been busy?”

2: Start using the skill of small talk with WOMEN who serve you: “has it been busy today?”

3: Repeat step 2 over and over. Youll notice you start pushing the envelope by default each time until you start having full blown convos without any thought

It sounds retardedly simple and it is, but it fuckin works man, it’s just a case of getting the reps in and you’ll be good

What would you recommend if step 1 is still incredibly difficult due to social retardation?

Absolutely. You’re currently retarded but the focus is the slight improvements each time, NOT on if the interaction went well.

The MOST important thing is that you make it your goal to say anything. Ignore if the interaction went well - you win each time when you speak up

Really it is a skill. You develop it, and it’s just a matter of reps reps reps. You’ll naturally get good, it’s just a case of you being currently “low skill” which is fine, just work on it

how old was she? don't get a female in her 20s or 30s

Miss-read that a bit.

Just push through man, say 1 sentence, you’re not gonna make anything explode unless you’re asking people rude questions. People are friendly

This. I specifically seek out women for medical and mental health, because I work better with women than with men. Professionals don't have a problem with it.

What's a gigachad like this doing on Any Forums?

Different user here; Have you been to therapy before? Perhaps your expectations for the interaction with your female therapist would be more conversational are misguided. In my experience most therapists are not big on filling empty space with words. They are there to be a sounding board, not interject an opinion. Take an honest self assessment on how much of this was her actions, and how much of it was your discomfort you’re bringing to the table

Tldr; your therapist was just acting like a therapist which is awkward silences etc

It’s my guilty pleasure, I drop in maybe once a fortnight because old habits die hard I guess

Thanks, man. I think that's what I needed to hear.

Reps; this man knows what’s up. Practice practice practice. As uncomfortable and bad as you think your are, no one cares. You’ll improve

Agreed, if your ONLY reason going there is to work on conversation, try a life coach or something. But if you have mental/life issues you're going there for, on top of wanting to get better at talking to women, then she should be really accepting.

She sounds loke a crap doctor if she got a pdh and cant do her job

And Smile! Not in a creepy shit eating way. rather I’m genuinely pleased to be in front of you at this moment. Smiles are disarming.

>Therapy is a bit of a scam.
Therapy is every bit a scam. It doesn't work and only exists due to legal protectionism.

No worries

Once you get decent which won’t take too long you’ll start to enjoy it, it’s very fun especially when girls start taking an interest in you as you become more outgoing

In due time though, something to look forward to

Valid points. Maybe she was. Maybe it’s pervasive social awkwardness or fear of being awkward, the more insidious type, that is bothering Op right now. OP remember They are paid so that their opinion of you is immaterial and doesn’t matter.

Wow your opinion must really speak to millions of people’s experience. Sure glad we have you to be the end all be all on the topic. Case closed. user must know everything about ptsd, addiction, trauma, eating disorders, death and loss, to name a few. And how people can best cope

This, but I chat up random women in the produce aisle. "They never have ripe tomatoes here", or "It's a great time to be buying apples", shit like that. It sounds corny but it helps with not being clingy and just having a quick chat; sometimes they will give you a one word answer, sometimes you get a short convo in, makes it a lot easier to just cold approach women.

Nah man, therapy works because a lot of people have shitty or no friends and don't have anyone they can talk to without being judged. As much as it sucks, we are social creatures and it makes a massive difference to unburden oneself to another person.