Can a non-programmer that's an existing GNU/Linux user reasonably manage to install and use GNU Guix System as a daily...

Can a non-programmer that's an existing GNU/Linux user reasonably manage to install and use GNU Guix System as a daily driver if non-free firmware/drivers/software is not a concern? Or is learning Guile a necessity?

Attached: 1658835114369.png (1200x1360, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

parabola.nu
hyperbola.info/news/announcing-hyperbolabsd-roadmap/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

UX failure.

I have never written a line of code in my entire life and maintaining NixOS is not that difficult. Most of the time is just config or dependency management. For GuixSD, I think it would just be declaring /etc files and Arch wiki documents a lot of them.

You don't need to learn how the language works to write a config.

Guix config is gay Lisp shit with no good abstractions. NixOS config is just slightly fancier JSON with optional use of functions.

>Lisp
>no abstractions
choose one

That's exactly what I meant. Guix has no good abstractions by itself because it expects you to glue the pieces together yourself using obscure Lisp code.

Attached: 1645128251280.png (1200x1360, 912.23K)

I see your point now, reasonable. But is this a "real" problem? Probably there will be some nice 3rd-party libraries like setup.el or use-package for emacs.

You've been obnoxiously shilling this GNU/trash for well over a year now. And the fun part? - You do it all for free and for 0 results. Nobody used it before, nobody uses it now, and nobody will ever use it in the future.

Attached: 1644584108883.png (1167x5507, 1.56M)

no, yes

Maybe? You will struggle if you really don't want to learn Guile, unless you completely stick to stuff like the default desktop-services I guess. But it's kind of missing the point. Using it on a foreign distro is always a good option.
All me

>shilling free as in freedom software
install guix nigger

Attached: stallman.gif (240x180, 3.36M)

You will have to know Guile because you will be writing your own packages.
If you want to avoid this, come back in 10 years

t. GuixSD user

The fun part is that guix is the only gnu endorsed distro that can actually boot

parabola.nu

For me It's Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre.

Attached: Hyperbola_GNU+Linux-libre_logo.png (2560x596, 51.23K)

you pretty much need to know at least a bit of Lisp, I came from Common Lisp and had no problems

Idk, but isn't Scheme supposed to be very easy to learn?

nakadashi

They are switching to a BSD base
hyperbola.info/news/announcing-hyperbolabsd-roadmap/