Why Does TPM Get Such A Bad Rep?

Can it be used to finger print your device or something? Doesn't it just make sure no one has messed with your OS files and it's a legit boot? Why does it have such a bad reputation?

Attached: images.jpg (318x159, 7.56K)

Because the implication is that an OEM can hardware lock the operating system.

If you don't see the problem with that then Any Forums isn't the board for you.

>Can it be used to finger print your device or something?
Not really
>Doesn't it just make sure no one has messed with your OS files and it's a legit boot?
No, that's a function of the OS. However, it requires TPM to work.
>Why does it have such a bad reputation?
It doesn't. Stop listening to Any Forums NEET schizos. It's been used for >10 by enterprise devices for encryption/bitlocker. If you don't need it, you can disable it.

>Because the implication is that an OEM can hardware lock the operating system.
Perfect example of Dunning Kruger NEET schizo.

There's a glowie hidden inside the TPM that will come out and take pictures of your little dick, that's the problem

And this is when you know Any Forums is full of pajeets and wannabes.

You're never gonna make it

its literally a spy chip.
dont listen to these literal microshit shills

Well I'll be honest, I don't see the point. I'm not suddenly afraid of it locking anything down, but Microsoft doesn't just require TPM, but Secure Boot. If I bypass Secure Boot, might as well bypass TPM. I only have fTPM on AMD and I'm still not clear about how the system performs under it because there's conflicting info on that everywhere. I don't like the idea of enabling Secure Boot either just because a few years back I encountered issues with opening a certain program or another, and the only way I could get that to work was by disabling it. I know that certain software on Win11 is able to detect whether I have TPM enabled or disabled, but I'd rather sacrifice that kind of software. I mean, imagine playing Valorant.

Oh no

Can you elaborate how can it be used for spying?

TPMs are actually nice for encryption. TPM + SecureBoot is really useful if you're travelling a lot because it can happen that airport security is going to take a look at your laptop. I even go a step further and use hardware encryption in addition to software encryption.

Everything Any Forums doesn't understand is evil.

They don't want anyone to know their business but they must know every little detail about everyone's. Kind of unfair.

He can't. None of these retards even understand how it works.

Unlock your system and let us look at all your files, and log into all your online services.
No? Okay your under arrest and you will never get your hardware back.

If you travel don't take your tech with you.

My personal issue is that it just seems like a massive supply chain attack waiting to happen.

How is what said a dunning kruger?

I have literally never had my tech searched while travelling. What kind of hellscape do you live in?

the fact that they put "trusted" in the name is enough reason to not trust it
imagine trusting microshit in 2022

I've had my tech searched. They verify that my computers, hard disks and phones aren't filled with explosives or drugs.
When the X-ray machine just shows loads of circuit board traces, they let me go on my merry way - as I rig my pack of 10 lion batteries to explode.

TSA doesn't even care about drugs, the basically only check for weapons and explosives.

I watched a video of a guy that built a bomb out of only thing you could buy once you cleared security.

>TSA doesn't even care about drugs, the basically only check for weapons and explosives.
They care about money because civil asset forfeiture that goes to the DEA pays them a kickback for finding it. The most commonly found item that the TSA acts on is money. Go figure.