You will no longer be able to install Linux with Pluton enabled unless the Microsoft 3rd-party UEFI Certificate is...

>You will no longer be able to install Linux with Pluton enabled unless the Microsoft 3rd-party UEFI Certificate is enabled in your UEFI Firmware. .
>With SHACK, Secret Keys will be able to be stored in hardware and be able to encrypt and decrypt material without the key ever being exposed to firmware or software. This allows for a potentially stronger BitLocker… or just plain old DRM.
Is it the end?

Attached: 1649665958590.webm (802x720, 2.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gabrielsieben.tech/2022/07/25/the-power-of-microsoft-pluton-2/
theregister.com/2022/03/09/dell_pluton_microsoft/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By the time I upgrade my CPU the smart people will have figured something out and it will be a non-issue.

exactly this

its already a non-issue you fucking retards, you just turn off a toggle in the bios and install linux

What happens when the BIOS no longer comes with a toggle?

What if, what if. What if we all die tomorrow.

>just accept the tightening of restrictions on your hardware goy, dont think about it, certainly they won't get worse in the future

Hacking is natural to humans and nature always find its way.

>what if js becomes required to browse modern internet?
>lmao that will never happen schizo

Remember how Denuvo would be the end of piracy?
Remember how the hardware locks on consoles were unbreakable?

Attached: file.png (625x352, 349.32K)

>same schizo bullshit for OVER A FUCKING DECADE now
>same braindead freetard schizo niggers cant read UEFI specs that mandate allowing anything to boot
>oH nO hOw DaRe LeLnOvO sEt A dIfFeRrEnT dEfAuLt SeTtInG
>>oH nO hOw DaRe LeLnOvO sEt A dIfFeRrEnT dEfAuLt SeTtInG
this is why you freetards are the laughing stock of the real world

Attached: 1636404610357.gif (322x178, 2.56M)

I remember when they told me Windows 10 would delete all my pirated games and automatically, forcefully update to Windows 11 instead of most desktop PCs being filtered by either not having fTPM enabled or not having it at all (and an approved fresh CPU). It's the death of computers as we know it! Soon we will only be able to install linux on Any Forums approved chinkpads.

why didn't you include the url you fucking scrotum
gabrielsieben.tech/2022/07/25/the-power-of-microsoft-pluton-2/

Then it's time for a big, fat, juicy anti-trust lawsuit. Really, the chances of the toggne disappearing are nil. MS explicitly states you need it for Windows certification. They even strongly recommend the ability to enroll your own keys. What is worrying is how much stuff like banking or financial services will start depending on it.

Denuvo takes months to crack and Xbox one is still not broken. Faggot.

Being heavily suspicious of megacorps and their actions is justified and necessary. Blind trust and defeatist "surely it'll be fine" mentality is extremely dangerous. Slippery slope and all that.

Xbone has been broken years ago by Team Xecuter but MS paid for them to shut the fuck up about it and do something else instead
So they started hacking Nintendo consoles and landed in jail

Proof?

>Remember how Denuvo would be the end of piracy?
yeah, and it was. games with denuvo aren't cracked unless denuvo is removed down the line.

Companies can choose not to include Pluton

Also, people could lobby against Microsoft if they try to use this to create another OS monopoly

And how exactly is the company going to get the pluton out of the cpu die?