How valuable is animal testing really?

How valuable is animal testing really?
Are the animal activists right?

Attached: 513411151.jpg (510x640, 62.88K)

it's obsolete due to being able to make brainless animal test tube offspring. we can make a pig with all the organs but no mind but activists think that's more inhumane than torturing animals then shooting them.

Damn, B'Elanna Torres changed a lot...

Attached: okslinky-araya-for-kyorg.png (620x877, 770.08K)

it's the lesser evil, it won't be necessary for much longer though

Animal testers are cowards who would rather inflict pain than endure it

Animal testing is bad

Why are they cowards for attempting to alleviate suffering for the masses? If you think it's immoral or wouldn't work that makes sense, but to call them cowards is just vitriolic.

if we didn't have animal testing we wouldn't know which ones are too smart to eat so i think it's a good thing

Let's just test shit on niggers. That way nothing of value is lost.

I'm talking about testing novel medicines and stuff on animals.
Not having monkeys or birds do memory games. I don't think most activists have a big issue with that.

Attached: tumblr_pyjkkkzERP1qhgj2mo1_1280.jpg (1048x900, 112.88K)

ok what about testing animal medicine on animals, is that ok or is it only testing human medicine bad? what if the human medicine is also good for animals? has animal testing saved more animal lives than it's cost?

Biomed PhD here. I despise the use of animal models, but they're a necessary evil because compounds have to be tested in vivo, not just on cells in a vat. Can't jump from hypothetical treatments into human trials.

Animal models are also a poor substitute for humans. We've cured plenty of diseases in mice, the drugs just don't happen to work in humans once it goes to clinical trials.

I'm not against animal testing at all.
I imagine that they must test horse medicine on horses.
I doubt that animal testing has actually saved more lives overall. We don't typically bother with healing sick animals, and we kill mice by the thousands all the time.

Yeah, whenever I hear a new discovery in medicine I think the mice will be thrilled lol.

You're a moron who doesn't understand scientific testing

...and Mengele was ''a monster'' because he used people for his experiemnts (was especially obsessed with pregnant women and twins), but those works were and are still valuable.

Attached: ms4sma70i5v51.jpg (2320x3088, 741.02K)

yeah it will.. with more torture tech..

been going on for thousands of years now.... so when's the "not much longer" then?

Attached: 71470f121429d9414ef0957fd556de97.jpg (2850x2850, 1.37M)

by the way, mabye stop defending animal tortures

Attached: 4bbf796fa6133fe57ae62b8757271384.png (2145x2557, 1.34M)

satan waits