Take the Neopill user

I don't care if you want it or not. You WILL enjoy it

Attached: index.png (225x225, 3.14K)

I got the better modal editor

Attached: kakoune_logo_full.png (262x262, 37.61K)

>tfw when there is no cool logo to shill helix

Attached: 1655991687167.png (689x639, 355.18K)

>You WILL enjoy it
I really did but you need 1 billion plugins to get it to work the way you need it so I went back to vskot
>t. web shitter

I already did and I don't regret it. Migrating all my plugins to their Lua equivalents was not only faster, they typically had more features, and I was able to learn Lua through the config and patching plugins.
Meanwhile I have infinitely more patches in VimL plugins and more years of dealing with it, but I wouldn't even pretend to say I understand VimL for a second.
I learned Lua well enough to use it outside of neovim by just reading it and tweaking shit.
Very worth.

I use it to edit configs and write shell scripts. If I want to do actual work I use a proper ide.

>it hurt itself in confusion
lmao

nigeria

>not using 1000 plugins to make your yext editor into an ide instead of using an actual ide hurts you
Ok, retard.

>install helix
>everything just works
Other editors, consider yourself deprecated.

I'm trying to enjoy it but it's simply lacking some simple things that Vscodium provides out of the box.
Namely a terminal panel with as many terminal instances as I want, and a fixed sidepanel with file explorer and Git status.

It's amost like it's a plain text editor

Why would I use a fork of Vim pretending to be Emacs when I can just actually use Emacs?

I went from vim to neovim to emacs, but this was back when neovim was new, looks like it might be good enough to move back from emacs now.

Redpill me on Helix. Is it modal with Vim keys? What's the difference from Neovim?

I'm most comfy in a riced Emacs with evil-mode, but I'd definitely use Neovim if that didn't exist. It has quite a few good ideas.

>Is it modal with Vim keys
With kakoune keys

I'm trying, but for java development is kind of a pain, jdtls just doesn't work all that well, keep telling my dependencies can't be imported 'n shit

lads, try nvchad
it's making my IDE to nvim move much easier
>and a fixed sidepanel with file explorer and Git status
file explorer is easy with nvim-tree, not sure about the git status panel, but you could try using vim-fugitive, learn the commands you would use the most and go from there

user, if you're not trolling, that's what an IDE is. Except in addition to having a bunch of features, you don't use half of them and it's slow.
I hope you're trolling at least because otherwise that's just self justification and that's sad.

I think it's really obnoxious how neovim comes with a .desktop on Arch Linux. I don't want to launch a CLI tool from the fucking application launcher. What kind of retard thought that should be a standard file that everyone should receive?