So why do we dislike C++?

So why do we dislike C++?

Attached: Sfgvft.jpg (2560x2267, 1.19M)

Attached: 1655921971149.png (1224x820, 67.23K)

C is all you need

For all its claims to be high-level, it forces you to think more about the language itself than solving actual problems.
Best practices force you to litter the code with all manners of keywords and glyphs instead of those indicating exceptional cases.
Don't get me started on the standard library..

> is there anything more painful than C++?
Unironically Rust, especially when dealing with logic bugs, which represents most of the C++ bugs nowadays.

>which represents most of the C++ bugs nowadays.
No, 70% C++ bugs are memory bugs.
Plus, C++ logic bugs are littered with 10 page long STL vomit.

actually correct response get off this website

Because it doesn't have a cute mascot like Rust crab

I don't

is there a good alternative?
i don't want to invest in a language that doesn't have a standard

Too much legacy c cruft like headers and the compile times are shit.

This.

>70 secs apart
Why are you posting tranime bruce? Pig fucking not good enough for you anymore?

I'm the op and I'm a C++ dev, Bruce is a coincidence.

Thanks for correcting me but still Rust is more painful.

Attached: Onepunch-Man - Ch.167 - 51.jpg (800x1136, 276.61K)

Half baked mess

Depends what you want out of a standard because by any reasonable metric, C and C++ don't have one either. The specs are only useful for compiler devs to figure out how much rope they're allowed to give you to hang yourself. They don't define much, the specs really only define what an implementation can define because 50% of everything, and 90% of everything interesting, are left implementation defined or undefined.

People on Any Forums only really started caring about specs when Rust came along and they could no longer scream "garbage collector" to shut down any suggestions. But on the negative chance you were posting in good faith and you want something with a spec that actually means something, unlike C's, I'd recommend Ada.

Reminder that C and C++ and Unix became popular and widespread BEFORE having a standard, and the purpose of the standard was to create order in the chaos of different implementations

it's like 4 different languages crammed into one, with 40 years of back compat trash

>-8
literally ratio'd

gcc has embarked on supporting rust. Having two implementations will make it standardize. Anyway not having a standard was a good thing because it allowed it to change faster.